July 6 will mark the one-year anniversary for Pokémon GO, which swept the globe faster than typhoid and smallpox combined back in their heyday. And while the game is riding high on the new set of addition it made to the game last month, we all kinda knew it would only be a matter of time before something would come up about the game’s anniversary. Now it appears details are starting to leak out about what that could be.
Adding to the latest datamining leaks to come out over the past few days, some people on Reddit have found a line of code called ONE_YEAR_ANNIVERSARY in the game’s programming. Considering a lot of the latest updates were released fairly quickly, one could easily assume that part of the plan was to release these updates as part of the anniversary, but were bumped up sooner than planned.
But the fan rumor going around is that there will be a special Pikachu released during the anniversary for people to catch, much like they’ve done before with versions of him wearing a Santa hat. But this one is not just any Pikachu, it would be Ash Ketchum’s Pikachu. If that’s to be believed, then I can’t wait to see the Pokémon GO update where you own a Pikachu that lives in your character’s backpack and not in a ball.
- Pokémon Go Fest Attendees Being Offered $100 In-Game Coins Refunds
- Absolutely Stupid: Russian 'Pokémon Go' Blogger Added To Terrorist Watch List
- The Next 'Pokémon Go' Event Will Need Worldwide Cooperation
- 'Pokkén Tournament DX' Releases Two New Trailers
- Someone Did A Popular Pokémon By State Map For 'Pokémon GO'
- South Korean Police Seize Half A Million Fake Pokémon Toys
- Competitive Pokémon Player Giovanni Costa Wins 4-On-1 Match
- Batman Vs Superman In A Pokemon Gym Battle
- The New 'Pokémon GO' Gym & Raid Updates Are Now Live
- Niantic Reveals Raid Battles & New Gym Features For 'Pokémon GO'
- 'Pokémon Sun and Moon' Finally Gives Us Some Details On Marshadow
- Convict Games Reveals Their Latest Game That’s All Cool Man in STONE - August 16, 2018
- Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark Gets a Release on Steam Early Access - August 16, 2018
- PUBG Mobile to Host Their First Livestream Invitational Called “Player Well Known” - August 16, 2018
- PUBG Corp and FACEIT Partner Up to Create Online Competitive Leagues - August 16, 2018
- OpTic Gaming and Sansar Partner Up to Bring VR to Esports - August 16, 2018