Last weekend, Bleeding Cool ran some mindless speculation on the future of the Captain America comic book, given that Marvel hadn’t included it in their Old 52 Marvel Legacy list of monthly comics out in October.
We suggested that, as Donny Cates had just appeared as co-writer on the latest Captain America: Steve Rogers, he might be being lined up for Captain America. And it seems he will continue to write or co-write upcoming Secret Empire Captain America comics.
That was enough to dislodge one bit of actual information that came out way, that Black Panther writer Ta-Nehisi Coates would be writing Captain America in the new future. And that still stands.
But before then, according to new information reaching Bleeding Cool, the classic team of Mark Waid and Chris Samnee will relaunch Captain America – and the #694 Marvel Legacy issue. November? December? Something like that. I think we might expect an announcement at San Diego Comic-Con or similar. Then Ta-Nehisi Coates will write the comic afterwards (artist unknown)…
Waid and Samnee’s run on Daredevil from 2012 is considered a classic, as was their more recent Black Widow run in 2015. They have the reputation of being a golden team. Could working their magic, with Coates to follow be just what Captain America doing detox post-Secret Empire needs? And they the creative equivalent of a kale and seaweed smoothie?
- Secret Empire #5 Review - Just Not Good Super Hero Fiction
- Shout Sheet for Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD – Simmons’ Greatest Fear is Realised? - March 21, 2018
- Thor #1 and Justice League #1 on Cover of Next Week’s Previews Catalogue - March 21, 2018
- Action Comics #1000 Exclusive Covers From Dan Jurgens, Curt Swan, Francesco Mattina and Tyler Kirkham - March 20, 2018
- Titans and Teen Titans End – What’s Next? - March 20, 2018
- A Sneak Peek at Brian Michael Bendis’s Script for Action Comics #1000 - March 20, 2018