Mike Laidlaw, the series director for Dragon Age recently went on The 1099 Podcast to reveal some subtle details that we may be getting a new Dragon Age game in the near future. The last time we saw a proper release from BioWare was with Dragon Age: Inquisition back in 2014, but the company has been busy working on Mass Effect: Andromeda and Anthem over the past few years, which pretty much took up all their time from other projects.
Laidlaw didn’t dive into too many specifics, but he did mention that the company is now hiring a lot of people and that “Something is happening with Dragon Age… As I’ve jokingly said, I am the creative director for the Dragon Age franchise and they haven’t fired me yet.”
If they’re in the hiring phase, that likely means we won’t be seeing anything concrete for at least another two years, especially if they want to avoid the Mass Effect drama and get the game right the first time. But what kind of Dragon Age game will we get is an entirely different story. Will we get another spin-off title, or will we finally see a proper sequel in Dragon Age III?
- Bioware Designer Corey Gaspur Passes Away
- BioWare Goes Through Some Management Changes
- Microsoft Gave Us A Longer Look At Bioware's Anthem
- BioWare Updates Release Date For 'Anthem' On Social Media
- EA Shows Us Bioware's New IP 'Anthem' At EA Play
- Is Dragon Age 4 Now Officially 'A Thing'? Bioware Wants You To Think It Isn't, But It Definitely Is
- Bioware's New IP Has Been Pushed Back, So We Have To Ask, What Are They Even Working On?
- Sea Of Thieves is Getting a Surprising Day One Patch - March 19, 2018
- Twitch Celebrates Mr. Rogers’s 90th Birthday with a Marathon - March 19, 2018
- Tower of Time Will Finally Leave Early Access This April - March 19, 2018
- The PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile Game is Now Live - March 19, 2018
- The Latest Far Cry 5 Trailer Wants to Tug at Your Heartstrings - March 19, 2018