Last night on WWE Monday Night RAW, LaVar Ball and his sons Lonzo and LaMelo were guests on The Miz’s Miz TV interview segment. The appearance was great for publicity for WWE, garnering lots of mainstream media coverage, something WWE greatly covets.
“We wants it. We needs it,” WWE Chairman Vince McMahon was once heard to say about mainstream media acceptance. “Must have the precious. They stole it. Those sons of bitches.”
During a confrontation between LaVar and The Miz, LaMelo, excited by the prospect of the fight, cheered his father on, telling him to “beat that ***** ass.” The dropping of the n-bomb on live TV wasn’t missed by social media, which erupted in reaction to the comment.
WWE responded to the use of the word in a statement to the Los Angeles Times last night, saying, “The inappropriate language used by a guest during the ‘Miz TV’ segment was not scripted nor reflects WWE’s values.”
WWE notoriously hates when wrestlers go off script. However, this isn’t the first time use of this particular sort of colorful language made for a memorable segment in pro wrestling history:
After the segment, the Ball family described their experience on the show during a backstage segment:
— WWE (@WWE) June 27, 2017
- WWE Raw: Finn Balor And The Hardy Boyz Team Up, But Do They Kick Butt?
- Daniel Bryan Wants To Fight Cody Rhodes For The Ring Of Honor Title In September, 2018
- Chris Jericho Is Returning To WWE Next Week... For Three Dates In Asia
- Reby Hardy And Jeff Jarrett Continue Twitter Battle Over Broken Matt Hardy Character
- ‘Death’ Artist Chris Bachalo Draws Sandman for Marvel in August - May 22, 2018
- Mike Norton’s Anti-Trump Webcomic Lil’ Donnie Collected at Image in August - May 22, 2018
- New Wolverine #1 Confirmed for September at Marvel - May 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Fantastic Four Relaunch by the Numbers - May 22, 2018
- Howard Chaykin Lampoons the Sordid History of Comics in New Image Series This August - May 22, 2018