War for the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves hasn’t said much about The Batman during the press rounds. Not for lack of trying on the part of the press but mostly because he hasn’t even started on the project. However, DC has had a few projects hit with delays and other problems and the project has felt a bit more up in the air since star Ben Affleck left the directing chair. Warner Bros put out a press release announcing Reeves as the director but there have been rumors that Affleck is unhappy and wants out. Affleck has been confirmed to return to the series but aside from that we don’t know much. New Trailer Buzz asked Reeves about what kind of vision he has for the project and he had an answer.
“There’s a chance to do an almost noir driven, detective version of Batman that is point-of-view driven in a very very powerful way, that will hopefully connect you to what’s going on inside of his head,” Reeves said.
That is all very vague because they don’t know anything yet. That being said for a character in comics that is often called the World’s Greatest Detective the Batman of the movies has always come across as a bit of an idiot. We haven’t had a chance to really Batman be a detective and a noir detective movie would be a new and interesting direction for the DCEU to take.
The best part of the superhero genre is how it can adapt to different genres and tones. Guardians of the Galaxy was a space opera while Iron Man was a techno thriller. Arrow is nothing like Supergirl and that’s what makes the movies interesting. The DCEU movies haven’t had much variety in tone of genre until Wonder Woman. It’s fine if Wonder Woman looks and feels nothing like Aquaman which is totally different from The Batman. That makes the team-ups all the more fun as you blend these different genres and characters together.
The Batman will be directed by Matt Reeves and will star Ben Affleck. It currently has no release date.
- Why Robert Downey Jr. Keeps Playing Iron Man (It's Not Just The Money)
- Warning: USA Today Spoil That Batman #24 Cliffhanger In The Headline... But Will You Not Have To Wait As Long As You Think? (SPOILERS)
- Video: Gal Gadot And Chris Pine Crashing Our Wonder Woman Screening
- No Batman #24 For The UK Next Week... Diamond Apologises For Any Inconvenience
- The Boy Who Cried Penguin - Josh Gad Teases Batman Movie Role Again
- Amber Heard Wanted a Comic Accurate Version of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018
- New Trailer for the Upcoming Thriller Searching - June 22, 2018
- New Ant-Man and the Wasp Featurertte Plus a New TV Spot - June 22, 2018
- Operation Finale Releases an Official Poster and 2 Images - June 22, 2018
- Amber Heard Talks About What “Excited” Her About the Role of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018