Saturday Night Live had a bit of a resurgence last season and a big part of that was due to the pitch-perfect portrayal of Donald Trump by veteran actor Alec Baldwin. His early career was filled with dramas and thrillers like The Shadow and Hunt For Red October, but Baldwin has always been good with comedy starting back with Beetlejuice to an acclaimed run on 30 Rock. People were still surprised when he was tapped to portray Trump on the late night skit comedy series, but his imitation became one of the highlights of last season. The question then became would he be back?
While promoting the film Blind, Baldwin was asked that very question by CNN. He told the 24-hour news network: “Yea, we’re going to fit that in. I think people have enjoyed it.”
Baldwin was initially hesitant to return, thinking that after 9 months of the Trump Administration, people may not find it funny. He seems to have changed his mind. How much time he will have though remains to be seen. It may only be sporadic appearances rather than the more regular role he played last season.
Baldwin has hosted SNL a record 17 times.
- Supergirl Season 3: 14 Photos From the ‘Darkside of the Moon’ - May 22, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: Buzz Building Over 2 New Characters - May 22, 2018
- Exclusive Look Inside The Suit Trade Paperback from Dennis Calero - May 22, 2018
- Syfy Releases Video to Hype Krypton’s Second Season Renewal - May 22, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: How to Defeat The Thinker Without Him Knowing - May 22, 2018