That’s one way to win the battle royale war. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds sent out a press release yesterday boasting their amazing sales since the game launched in Early Access back in March. Bluehole, Inc. is reporting over four million sales of the game, generating $100 million in sales, saying that those figure come from global total with “24% of them based in the U.S., 19% in China, 6% in Germany, 6% in Russia and 4% in the U.K. The game has seen further popularity in Eastern Asia with 5.5% of its players in South Korea and 4.3% in Japan.”
The company was also quick to boast how popular they’ve become on Twitch, both as a game and as content. Since launch on the social media streaming network, the game “peaked at 230,000 concurrent users on Steam with more than 100,000 sessions being played daily. The game continues its success on Twitch seeing more than 350,000 peak concurrent viewers. 15% of all Twitch users (more than 120,000 people), watch PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds from the platform every day.”
It would be interesting to see what H1Z1’s current numbers are today as they still have a strong fanbase, but many of whom have now switched over to a new title with frequent updates.
- Microsoft & Bluehole Announce Partnership For 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds'
- A Twitch Channel Takes Third Place In A 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Match
- Dr. DisRespect Gets Banned From 'Player Unknown's Battlegrounds' For Teamkilling
- Dataminers Find 50 New Items In 'Player Unknown's Battlegrounds'
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Team Teases New Desert Map
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Might Jump To PS4 Soon
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Will Have Playable Zombies
- Playerunknown's Battlegrounds Will Make It To The Xbox One Systems
- Twitch Expands Their "Prime" System To Over 200 Countries
- Playerunknown's Battlegrounds Shows Off A Charity Highlight Reel
- Yes, Console Players: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Is Headed Your Way
- Mobile Game Pigeon Pop Gets Caught Stealing Artwork - February 25, 2018
- Gust Announces Smartphone Release Of Atelier Marie Plus: The Alchemist of Salburg - February 24, 2018
- Bandai Namco Releases “The Residence” DLC for Little Nightmares - February 24, 2018
- Spike Chunsoft Will Reveal Four New Localization Games At GDC 2018 - February 24, 2018
- Xbox Teases Rise of the Tomb Raider Headed to Xbox Game Pass - February 24, 2018