In July, we’ll finally get the first of three Legend of Korra graphic novels from Dark Horse, with a story by series creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, a script by DiMartino, and art by Irene Koh. But that’s not all the Legend of Korra we have to look forward to.
IDW is getting in on the Legend of Korra action through their tabletop games department. The company is making a new Legend of Korra game based on the show’s professional bending sport, Legend of Korra: Pro Bending Arena. From IDW’s press release:
Designed by Sen-Foong Lim (Akrotiri, The Godfather: A New Don) and Jessey Wright (Pocket Adventure), The Legend of Korra: Pro-bending Arena aims to capture the excitement of the pro-bending sport found in season one of the show. Focusing on the rivalry between the Future Industries Fire Ferrets and The White Falls Wolfbats, The Legend of Korra: Pro-bending Arena has two players each take control of a team, draft card decks for their benders, and then play cards to place elemental tokens around the board in an effort to overwhelm their opponent. As in the show, pro-bending matches are a game of push and pull, with the objective to be the team that has either advanced the farthest forward, or completely knock their competitors out of the ring.
The game will be released sometime in the Fall and retail for $49.99, but first it will hit Kickstarter in the Summer. And here’s the kicker: the press release states that this will be just the first of several Legend of Korra games to come from IDW.
- IDW Lost $1.8 Million in Q1 2017, Raising Another $10 Million
- Legend Of Korra, The Adventure Continues At Emerald City Comicon
- SDCC '15: Legend Of Korra Comics Announced, Focus On Same-Sex Relationship
- Former WWE Star Enzo Amore Kicked Off Plane for Vaping - November 15, 2018
- Bolt Thrower, Pantera, and Yngwie Malmsteen Albums Homaged in Latest Murder Falcon Variants - November 15, 2018
- Cyclops and Wolverine are the Last X-Men in Uncanny X-Men #12 - November 15, 2018
- Pak and Milonogiannis Explore Post-Apocalyptic Samurai in Ronin Island in March - November 15, 2018
- Dark Horse Declares March 23rd is Hellboy Day - November 15, 2018