In July, we’ll finally get the first of three Legend of Korra graphic novels from Dark Horse, with a story by series creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, a script by DiMartino, and art by Irene Koh. But that’s not all the Legend of Korra we have to look forward to.
IDW is getting in on the Legend of Korra action through their tabletop games department. The company is making a new Legend of Korra game based on the show’s professional bending sport, Legend of Korra: Pro Bending Arena. From IDW’s press release:
Designed by Sen-Foong Lim (Akrotiri, The Godfather: A New Don) and Jessey Wright (Pocket Adventure), The Legend of Korra: Pro-bending Arena aims to capture the excitement of the pro-bending sport found in season one of the show. Focusing on the rivalry between the Future Industries Fire Ferrets and The White Falls Wolfbats, The Legend of Korra: Pro-bending Arena has two players each take control of a team, draft card decks for their benders, and then play cards to place elemental tokens around the board in an effort to overwhelm their opponent. As in the show, pro-bending matches are a game of push and pull, with the objective to be the team that has either advanced the farthest forward, or completely knock their competitors out of the ring.
The game will be released sometime in the Fall and retail for $49.99, but first it will hit Kickstarter in the Summer. And here’s the kicker: the press release states that this will be just the first of several Legend of Korra games to come from IDW.
- IDW Lost $1.8 Million in Q1 2017, Raising Another $10 Million
- Legend Of Korra, The Adventure Continues At Emerald City Comicon
- SDCC '15: Legend Of Korra Comics Announced, Focus On Same-Sex Relationship
- X-Men: Bland Design – The Generic Origin of Lydia Nance Revealed in X-Men Gold #22 - February 22, 2018
- It’s Superteens Vs. Crusaders in New Archie Mini-Series in June - February 22, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – All Good Things Must End, Like Generation X #87 - February 22, 2018
- Over the Garden Wall Returns with New OGN from Jonathan Case and Jim Campbell - February 22, 2018
- IDW’s Ted Adams Joins CBLDF Board of Directors - February 22, 2018