Time for another edition of Ticket Booth, where I breakdown demographics and give tips as to what you should see in the theaters this weekend. I can’t tell you how to spend your money, though, and these are just suggestions from someone who has to see the majority of new releases. That being said, this week is kind of on the short side, because there was really only one major release — Transformers: The Last Knight. No one wanted to compete with it, so here we are.
For those of you with kids, the problem is that the Transformers movies have never really been for kids. They are generally marketed toward teenagers and older fans. This Transformers might be a little shorter than the others, but it still has just as many problems. So unless there is a kid absolutely begging to see this movie, skip it. Go see Cars 3 if you haven’t seen that yet, and if that’s the case, then stay home. There’s plenty of stuff on Netflix and Redbox to kill two hours with. If you must go to a theater, people I trust have told me Captain Underpants is pretty good for a kids movie and might be worth a look.
If you’re a teenager and you really want to see the latest Transformers movie, well, I can’t stop you. But I can say that there are much, much better things out there. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Wonder Woman both give that action movie feel with much better stories and characters to go along with them.
If you’re looking for a mindless action movie to watch and turn your brain off, there are other things you could watch on streaming services. The LEGO Batman Movie came out this week, and as far as good summer movies go, there is plenty to look for. Bleeding Cool staff suggestions include Con Air, The Rock, Red October, Top Gun, Back to the Future, Hellboy, and many others that would definitely be a better use of your time. The original run of Batman movies, even the latter two, are a fun way to pass the time.
For the adults, again, Transformers is not worth your time. If you’re looking for something new and you live in New York or Los Angeles, The Big Sick is pretty great. We don’t have a review up for it yet, since it’s in very limited release, but keep an eye out for that. As for everyone else, see Wonder Woman or stay home with some streaming services. John Wick: Chapter 2 came out last week and is super enjoyable. Definitely go watch that if you haven’t yet. Save your money for next week, because Baby Driver is coming and is sure to be one of the good ones.
- Redbox Is Now Going To Have Nintendo Switch Games In The U.S.
- Ticket Booth: War For Planet Of The Big Sick
- The Bumblebee Spinoff Transformers Film Casts Lead
- Ticket Booth: Despicable Me 3 Baby Driver
- New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Character Posters Drop Now With More Lens Flare
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Does Some Viral Marketing On Twitter
- Wonder Woman Annual #1 (2017) Review- First Meetings, Samurai, Kaiju, and International Incidents
- Mairghread Scott Announces Transformers: Till All Are One Cancelled With #12 - But There Will Be An Extra Annual To Follow
- Paul Feig Regrets That Ghostbusters Turned Into A Cause - November 21, 2017
- Justice League: 7 Pieces Of Concept Art - November 21, 2017
- Christopher Eccleston Admits He Took The Role In Thor: The Dark World For The Money - November 21, 2017
- Murder On The Orient Express Sequel In Development - November 21, 2017
- DC Fans Start Petition For Warner Bros To Release Zack Snyder’s Cut Of Justice League Because Of Course They Did - November 21, 2017