We’ve all been there. Played a few rounds of Overwatch, scored ourselves a new level and with it, a new Loot Box drops down to us ready to be opened. We’re anxious, giddy, anticipating what treasures it could hold and… You get three spray paints and a voice line, all of which you already friggin’ own! It is the bane of many player’s existence that they just can’t play to get what they want, and instead are regulated to duplicate hell for all their work. Well, that may change soon.
In the latest Developer Update video you see below, Jeff Kaplan addressed the biggest gripe many players have with the game, which is duplicates in Loot Boxes. “One of the things we’re going to do is drastically reduce the rate of duplicates you get out of any loot box,” says Kaplan. Which will be a great relief to many hoping to get better skins and other features for their favorite characters, although, the take to that give is to provide more in-game credits.
The video also addresses one of the most requested features of capturing Overwatch highlight videos, and how they’re shared on PC, XB1 and PS4. Meanwhile, we would really like that D-Va jersey he’s wearing in the video to start a new hockey team.
- Mercy's Ultimate Is Getting A Nerf In 'Overwatch' PTR
- Logos For 'Overwatch' Season VI & Summer Games Revealed On Reddit
- Need More D.Va In Your Life? Blizzard Made A New 'Overwatch' Statue
- The Overwatch League Is Building A Scouting Report For Their Top Players
- We May Be Getting Doomfist In 'Overwatch' Sooner Than Later
- Overwatch Dev Addresses Co-Op: "Not Something We’re Working On Right Now"
- Dafran Banned From Overwatch Competition For Encouraging Fans To Cheat
- Watch The 'Overwatch' Voice Actors Dance With Their Characters
- Good Smile Reveals Their Overwatch Tracer Figma Figure
- Overwatch Devs Exploring A Permanent Solution To Game Quitters