If you stayed through the credits of Wonder Woman expecting some sort of end-credits scene you were likely let down. However, what you did get was a summary of the movie through the credits that were extremely well done. The final credits have been released over on Artofthetitle.com along with an interview with Patty Jenkins. She says why she thinks the titles help enhance the movie overall.
“The title sequence almost became the end of the movie in a beautiful way. You’re right at a moment when you wish you had more and it becomes more. It carries forward the story in a way. What the final moment of the film is best at is saying “Now there’s Wonder Woman, now Wonder Woman is born.”
The movie is the journey all the way to Wonder Woman and it’s only at that final moment that she steps into the world and becomes our Wonder Woman. And so having that kind of comic book-style recap of the myth of Wonder Woman — you just saw the story but this is the myth of who she is — it felt like a really great way to be like “now she’s this and this is her backstory!”
If you want to make sure you never miss anything after the credits the best advice is to always stay through the credits of movies. All of the names on screen put in a lot of work to make the movie you just watched and the least you can do is watch them go by.
Summary: Before she was Wonder Woman she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained warrior. When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, she leaves home to fight a war to end all wars, discovering her full powers and true destiny.
Wonder Woman, directed by Patty Jenkins, stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, David Thewlis, Robin Wright, and Connie Nielsen. Check it out in theaters now.
- There Was One Scene In 'Wonder Woman' That Was Reshot
- Does Jenny Frison Wish Jennifer Connelly Was Wonder Woman Instead Of Gal Gadot?
- Darwyn Cooke Wonder Woman Leads An Impressive Original Art Auction This Week
- Brian Bolland's Classic Wonder Woman Cover
- Crafting Wonder Woman's God Killer Sword
- In Box Office Estimates, Wonder Woman Has Passed The $100 Million Opening Weekend Mark
- Nerd Food: Cinemark Offering Wonderful Wonder Woman Collectors Cup
- Zack Snyder And Others Share Their Thoughts On 'Wonder Woman'
- The Baltimore Ravens Suffer Injury-Filled Voluntary OTA's
- Sorry, Bleeding Cool Is Not Hosting A Wonder Woman Day Event At My House Tomorrow
- Chris Pine Takes A Shot On Marvel And Compares Superhero Films To Modern Myths
- DC's Wonder Woman Finally Passes The 'Aunt Martha' Test That Marvel's Films Mastered Long Ago
- Wonder Woman Review: Yes - It's Really As Good As You've Been Hearing
- Gal Gadot Talks Wonder Woman With Katie Couric
- Daredevil Season 3: Peter Halpin Joins the Cast as Theo Nelson - October 18, 2018
- Watch Our Heroes Do Some Training in This New Robin Hood Clip - October 18, 2018
- Sophie Turner Talks Incorporating Mental Illness into Dark Phoenix - October 18, 2018
- Joshua Bassett Set to Star in High School Musical: The Musical for the Disney Streaming Service - October 17, 2018
- Arrowverse Crossover Elseworlds: First Look at Lois Lane, Black Suited Superman, and a Poster - October 17, 2018