A second glance at The Inpatient trailer might make a little more sense to people now after it was revealed by Nik Bowen of Supermassive Games that the game is actually a prequel to their hit 2015 game, Until Dawn. We’re going to get into spoiler territory about the first game, so if you haven’t played it by now and don’t want to know, you should hold off on reading.
Back in the first game, there as a creepy looking hospital in the hills (because it’s a horror game) called the Blackwood Sanatorium, where you explore a couple of times looking for supplies and a way out of Wendigo country. It is here you find out a little more about the Wendigo as you discover the Sanitorium was running experiments on people to figure out the secrets behind the phenomenon that only occurred in the cursed hills of that area.
With that piece of information, it’s clear from the trailer that you will be one of those patients, experiencing the transformation (in VR, no less) and most likely trying to find a way of escape before you turn into one. That’s a nifty little way to keep the story going considering there’s little room for a sequel that doesn’t make a lot of sense. Still no release date on the game yet.
- 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' Was The Most Watched E3 Trailer On YouTube
- Pandora's Box: Thoughts On The E3 Crowds & Where To Go From Here
- Closing Out My Time At E3 With Some VR Action By Survivos
- Until Dawn Creators Announce The Inpatient At Sony's E3 Conference
- PlayStation Announced A Massive Barrage Of Games At E3, So Here They Are
- THQ Nordic Announces Its Full Gamescom 2018 Lineup - July 19, 2018
- Bandai Namco Launches a New Website to Prepare for Ace Combat 7 - July 19, 2018
- Xaviant Games is Pulling The Culling 2 from All Consoles - July 19, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Shows Off the Original Spidey Costume - July 19, 2018
- Sony is Recruiting Beta Testers for the PS4 6.0 System Software Update - July 19, 2018