Much like how people were angry that there was no Halo on the Xbox side at E3 2017, people were equally miffed that there was no Death Stranding info on the PlayStation side of things. Among the many, many, many things people are curious about the game is its lack of presence at the event, sparking rumors that the game isn’t even out of the concept stage and that all the videos we’ve been seeing are hype for something we won’t see for years.
Those opinions changed a bit today as Shawn Layden, President & CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America, revealed in an interview with The Telegraph that he’s actually played Death Stranding, confirming that the game is now in playable development stages. However, don’t bother asking him for an explanation about the game, as he says he “couldn’t explain to you what the game is.”
That sounds about right for a Hideo Kojima game, as he’s more about creating weird twists and turns within the storyline of his games that eventually lead you to the plot — after making you go through a mental maze of confusion. Layden also touched on other games like Marvel’s Spider-Man and the PlayStation presentation. It’s worth a read if you’re curious what he thought of fan reactions and opinions, as well as his own take on certain games.
- Mads Mikkelsen Reportedly Still Shooting Scenes For 'Death Stranding'
- Kojima Teases That 'Death Stranding' Is Undergoing Tests
- Dream Daddy Lets You Get Your, Well, Dream Daddy
- Kojima Productions' Death Stranding Will Not Be At E3, Surprising No One
- Death Stranding "Is Not A Horror Game" - Will Feature Comedy
- Hideo Kojima Says Death Stranding Is Being Made For The PS4 And Not The PS5
- Guillermo Del Toro Is Not Involved In the Creative Development Of Death Stranding
- Mads Mikkelsen Only Understood Some Of Death Stranding When Kojima Explained It
- Amazon Leaks the Next Dungeons & Dragons Book, Revealing a Major Crossover - July 22, 2018
- Marvel Hypes Powers United VR at SDCC as a Jumping Pad for VR - July 22, 2018
- Pokémon GO Players Reporting Failures with Zapdos Day Event - July 22, 2018
- Another Sight Receives a Proper Overview Trailer from the Crew - July 22, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Removes Offensive Mask from Game - July 22, 2018