In what now seems to be an idea so good that everyone’s doing it (see our coverage of The CW’s fall schedule), NBC announced on Monday that it will premiere the vast majority of its 2017-2018 fall lineup during the week of September 25. NBC’s “premiere week” kicks-off with the first of the three-part Season 13 premiere of The Voice on Monday, September 25, and wraps-up on Friday, September 29, with Dateline NBC. Fan favorites The Blacklist and Blindspot are both tapped to premiere in October.
Here are some of the highlights to keep in mind:
▪ The Voice opens with a three-night season premiere Monday-Wednesday, adding new coach Jennifer Hudson with returning coaches Miley Cyrus, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine.
▪ Because of the The Voice‘s premiere, the fifth-season premiere of The Blacklist was pushed back a week, to Wednesday, October 4, in its 8 PM time slot.
▪ New military drama The Brave will premiere on Monday, September 25, at 10 PM, following the two-hour first episode of The Voice‘s season premiere. NBC describes The Brave as:
This fresh, heart-pounding journey into the complex world of America’s elite undercover military heroes follows D.I.A. Deputy Director Patricia Campbell (Anne Heche) and her team of analysts as they wield the world’s most advanced surveillance technology from headquarters in D.C. All the while, Adam Dalton (Mike Vogel) and his heroic Special Ops squad of highly trained undercover specialists use their unbreakable bond and commitment to freedom to save lives of innocent people and execute missions in some of the most dangerous places in the world.
▪ This Is Us will open its second season on September 26 in its original Tuesday, 9 PM time slot, reversing an earlier announced decision to move the surprise breakout hit to the Thursday, 9 PM time slot.
▪ The new season of Will & Grace will premiere on Thursday, September 28…returning the show to the “Must See TV” time slot that the show held for most of its eight-year run on NBC.
▪ NBC will continue to use the Friday, 8 PM time slot to highlight (translation: repeat) their new and returning shows, at least until the end of October when…
▪ Blindspot premieres its third season during that hour beginning on October 27.
Here’s a full rundown of NBC’s fall premieres:
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
8 PM: The Voice
10 PM: The Brave
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
8 PM: The Voice
9 PM: This Is Us
10 PM: Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27
8 PM: The Voice
9 PM: Law & Order: SVU
10 PM: Chicago P.D.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28
8 PM: Superstore
8:30 PM: The Good Place
9 PM: Will & Grace
9:30 PM: Great News
10 PM: Chicago Fire
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
9 PM: Dateline NBC
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4
8 PM: The Blacklist
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27
8 PM: Blindspot
- American Horror Story Season 8 Brings Billie Lourd Back to the Future - May 18, 2018
- ABC, CBS, CW, Fox and Freeform: Our Upfronts Thoughts [The Weekly Static s01e40] - May 18, 2018
- Cartoon Network’s ‘Thundercats Roar’ with New Look, Mix of Comedy/Action - May 18, 2018
- Hulu Casts 4 for ‘Search and Destroy,’ a New Series from Portlandia’s Carrie Brownstein - May 18, 2018
- A Hero Rises in Our First Look at Netflix’s ‘She-Ra and the Princesses of Power’ - May 18, 2018