Marvel Legacy is looking to the past as much as it is the future. Returning the original numberings. Consolidating the comics characters into their classic iterations (while still keeping the new folk around). Even bringing back Marvel Value Stamps (with Mike McKone-drawn heads) along with the “buy physical, get digital” download codes.
But, spinning out of Heroescon this past weekend, comes the news that certain retailers have been told by Marvel that they will also be bringing back the Origin pages to Marvel Legacy titles. You may recall in yesteryear, Marvel used to run pages detailing how a character came to be, as well as details of their personal lives. Comic pages or Marvel Handbook entries. Well, with Marvel promising jumping on points for new readers (hopefully without jumping off points for old ones) for Marvel Legacy, this is just another sign of the changes in the upcoming Marvel line-up.
“MARVEL LEGACY #1 will present all fans – new readers and current readers – the very best jumping on point in the history of comics,” says Marvel Editor in Chief Axel Alonso. “What Jason and Esad have crafted is more grand and more gargantuan than anything we have ever seen before and introduces concepts and characters the Marvel Universe has never encountered. Fans are going to witness an all-new look at the Marvel Universe starting at one of the earliest moments in time carried all the way into present day. Not only will this be the catalyst for Marvel evolving and moving forward, but expect it to be the spark that will ignite the industry as a whole.”
This September, prepare to MAKE MINE MARVEL with the most surprising, suspenseful, mysterious, astonishing tale ever told, featuring appearances from almost every beloved Marvel hero! It all leads to the return of a major Marvel icon in a shocking reveal that will leave fans speechless!
- Marvel Comics Teases The Fantastic Three
- How a Marvel Marketer Helped Rob Liefeld Persuade Marvel Comics to Publish X-Force - March 22, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Infinity Countdown, Hunt for Wolverine, X-Men Gold and Fantastic Four: Beyond Galactus - March 22, 2018
- Thanos to Fight His Own Future in Thanos: The Infinity Conflict by Jim Starlin and Alan Davis - March 22, 2018
- Second Printings for Thanos, X-Men Red, Avengers, Rick & Morty and Jim Henson’s Labyrinth - March 22, 2018
- Rumour: Apple to Buy Sony? - March 22, 2018