The crew at Gun Media have announced their first official free content update for Friday The 13th: The Game is coming tomorrow, which has some nice surprises behind it. The first and most glorious is this retro Jason costume you see below (designed after Jason from the original Friday The 13th game for NES), which I’m sure a lot of people will call ugly as hell and not really that big of a bonus, but I think it looks rad and will add a little extra fun to a game that people have been taking way too seriously lately.
The trailer below will give you a full reveal, along with the chip-tune music by Mich Murder you’ll hear when Jason is nearby in this costume. Some of the other surprises lined up for Friday The 13th include each camp counselor getting two new extra outfits each, 13k free Customization Points for players to spend however they wish, and the double XP weekend coming up on June 23-25.
The content itself is basically an apology from Gun Media over all the issues they had with the servers crashing and the problems that constantly arose during the console launches. It’s a lovely little sentiment from the devs and I’m sure it will be appreciated…. until the next problem causes the community to have an overblown seizure.
- Like A Stalking Jason, The Console Update For 'Friday The 13th' Is Coming
- The Flaming Jason Skin Will Not Become 'Friday The 13th' DLC
- IllFonic Responds To The Issues With Launch And Gameplay Of 'Friday The 13th'
- Killing Jason In The Friday The 13th Game Is A Convoluted Mess
- Kickstarter Fans Unhappy With 'Friday The 13th' Devs Decisions
- The Overwatch League Is Building A Scouting Report For Their Top Players - June 27, 2017
- Someone Made A Fidget Spinner Verision Of Agar.io … Why?! - June 27, 2017
- Literally Being An Armchair Coach In ‘Pro Cycling Manager 2017’ - June 27, 2017
- ‘Valkyria Revolution’ Is Just A Hack-N-Slash Film Version Of ‘Valkyria Chronicles’ - June 27, 2017
- Surprised To See ‘Star Fox 2’ On The Super NES Classic Edition? So Was The Programmer - June 27, 2017