Brendan Wright used to be my editor at Dark Horse Presents on The Many Murders Of Miss Cranbourne. He left a few years ago and became a freelance editor at a time when that was just becoming a thing.
He’s now taken a new comics editorial job – but far from Portland, Oregon. Not even the same country. Not even the same continent.
He’s the new Executive Editor for the comics line of game publisher New Arab Media, na3am.com, founded by Prince Fahad Al Saud, and will be based in Berlin, Germany. This will include the comic we’ve previously covered on Bleeding Cool, Saudi Girls Revolution, and its expanding universe. The line features female superheroes in a futuristic Arabian setting, created by diverse teams of writers and artists from across the globe.
How soon will Alex de Campi be writing one of them?
The first SGR titles, Latifa: The Bedouin Blade and Infidel are in production, with a full line launch planned for Spring 2018. Wright will be talent spotting at European conventions, beginning with Glasgow Comic Con on 1 July.
Coming to Thought Bubble, Brendan?
- September’s Vegas Fan Fusion Cancelled by Square Egg - August 20, 2018
- Mayo “SEN” Naito to Create Back-Up Strip in New Shazam Comic - August 20, 2018
- Frank Quitely Returns to DC Comics for The Green Lantern Variant Covers - August 20, 2018
- It’s Superman vs. Dr Manhattan in November’s Doomsday Clock - August 20, 2018
- The Return of Suicide Squad: Black Files – With or Without Doctor Endless? - August 20, 2018