Brendan Wright used to be my editor at Dark Horse Presents on The Many Murders Of Miss Cranbourne. He left a few years ago and became a freelance editor at a time when that was just becoming a thing.
He’s now taken a new comics editorial job – but far from Portland, Oregon. Not even the same country. Not even the same continent.
He’s the new Executive Editor for the comics line of game publisher New Arab Media, na3am.com, founded by Prince Fahad Al Saud, and will be based in Berlin, Germany. This will include the comic we’ve previously covered on Bleeding Cool, Saudi Girls Revolution, and its expanding universe. The line features female superheroes in a futuristic Arabian setting, created by diverse teams of writers and artists from across the globe.
How soon will Alex de Campi be writing one of them?
The first SGR titles, Latifa: The Bedouin Blade and Infidel are in production, with a full line launch planned for Spring 2018. Wright will be talent spotting at European conventions, beginning with Glasgow Comic Con on 1 July.
Coming to Thought Bubble, Brendan?
- Comic Store In Your Future – How Did Venom #150 Sell For You? - June 26, 2017
- Hatchet Gets An Ongoing Series From American Mythology September 2017 Solicits - June 26, 2017
- Fried Pie Comics Covers For Dark Nights: Metal, Moonstruck And, Yes, Robotech - June 26, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes: The Unsolicited Wasp - June 26, 2017
- Saying Goodbye To James Hagemann, Who Helped Make My First Comic A Reality - June 26, 2017