Brendan Wright used to be my editor at Dark Horse Presents on The Many Murders Of Miss Cranbourne. He left a few years ago and became a freelance editor at a time when that was just becoming a thing.
He’s now taken a new comics editorial job – but far from Portland, Oregon. Not even the same country. Not even the same continent.
He’s the new Executive Editor for the comics line of game publisher New Arab Media, na3am.com, founded by Prince Fahad Al Saud, and will be based in Berlin, Germany. This will include the comic we’ve previously covered on Bleeding Cool, Saudi Girls Revolution, and its expanding universe. The line features female superheroes in a futuristic Arabian setting, created by diverse teams of writers and artists from across the globe.
How soon will Alex de Campi be writing one of them?
The first SGR titles, Latifa: The Bedouin Blade and Infidel are in production, with a full line launch planned for Spring 2018. Wright will be talent spotting at European conventions, beginning with Glasgow Comic Con on 1 July.
Coming to Thought Bubble, Brendan?
- 10 Books from DC Comics Go to Multiple Printings – Mostly Metal - December 13, 2017
- Iron Maiden Meltdown Comics Exclusive: Legacy of the Beast Signing Tonight - December 13, 2017
- Dispute Over Albert Uderzo’s Artwork Sees Original Art Removed from Auction House - December 13, 2017
- Spencer Simpson Joins Boom Studios from Fried Pie Comics, and Other Promotions at the Publisher - December 13, 2017
- Archie Comics and the Million-Dollar Printing Debt - December 13, 2017