Eisner and Harvey Award-nominated writer Nate Cosby (Cow Boy, Buddy Cops) and artists Scott Brown (Nightfall) and Ruairi Coleman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Amazing Adventures) have been named as the new creative team for the Fruit Ninja comic series from Dynamite Entertainment.
Slated to launch September 6th, the series is based on the popular mobile game developed by Halfbrick, which has well over a billion downloads worldwide across all gaming platforms.
Summary: In this juicy new series, the Fruit Ninjas have mastered the art of Juice Jitsu (no, really) which unlocks hidden powers through the slicing of fruit (seriously), so they can protect their neighbors from time-traveling super-villains! Fruit Ninja #1 will also feature two-bonus stories including an ancient Fruit Ninjas tale from a thousand years ago, as well as a wild and high-flying Jetpack Joyride story!
Writer Nate Cosby said:
“I don’t want to get everybody TOO excited, but Fruit Ninja may end up being the greatest comic series ever created. Because there’s fruit and there’s ninjas and there’s jetpacks made of cake and attack hippos wearing goggles that come out of tubes and an army of hyper-aggressive ants that know how to drive peaches. And…that’s…JUST…THE FIRST ISSUE (which reminds me, I really should figure out what’s going be in the second issue)!”
The debut issue of Fruit Ninja features cover art from interior artist Scott Brown, as well as a gameplay option. Fruit Ninja #1 will be solicited in the July 2017 Previews catalog.
- Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3: The Fall Of A Righteous Man - October 19, 2017
- The Magicians – Fanimation: Party Tricks Chapter One - October 19, 2017
- Arrow Season 6: An Inside Look At Episode 2, ‘Tribute’ - October 19, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary: Sholly Fisch Talks The Mighty Mouse Finale - October 19, 2017
- Supernatural Season 13: Trying To Explain God To The Son Of Lucifer - October 19, 2017