Yesterday we wrote about Take-Two Interactive’s crackdown on all the GTA 5 hacking and modding sites that they could find, who were apparently causing issues with their monetization system. In response, the fans have been more than unkind across the board, and it’s very likely that this kind of treatment toward the fanbase could have repercussions down the road. In response to all of this, Rockstar Games sent a response specifically to Game Informer. Below are the highlights for that statement, or you can click the link to read the entire thing.
“Take-Two’s actions were not specifically targeting single player mods. Unfortunately OpenIV enables recent malicious mods that allow harassment of players and interfere with the GTA Online experience for everybody. We are working to figure out how we can continue to support the creative community without negatively impacting our players.”
For-profit modding outfit Force Hax, who hosted the software, said in a statement:
“After discussions with Take-Two Interactive, effective immediately we are ceasing all maintenance, development and distribution of the Force Hax cheat menu services. We will be donating our proceeds to charity and we apologize for any and all problems Force Hax services have caused to the Grand Theft Auto Online Community.”
- GTA V Modding Tool OpenIV Is Available For Download Again Despite Take-Two Shut Down
- Open IV Is Back With An Update After Chatting With Take-Two & Rockstar
- 'Grand Theft Auto V' Taking Heat For Shutting Down Hacking Systems
- Take-Two Interactive Did Pretty Well In 2017 Thanks To Mafia III And GTAV
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Delayed Until Spring 2018
- Steering "Fixed" In One Of The Biggest Wastes Of Cash In 'GTAV'
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Release Date Leaked By Retailer
- A New Japanese ‘Monster Hunter: World’ Commercial Shows Off Much More - October 20, 2017
- Bungie Stops ‘Destiny 2’ Trials Of The Nine For The Next Two Weeks - October 20, 2017
- Twitch Has An Impressive Audience Share, According To New Report - October 19, 2017
- Visual Novel Maker Will Be Coming To Steam In November - October 19, 2017
- Pokémon Ultra Sun & Moon To Be The Last 2DS/3DS Pokémon Games - October 19, 2017