Apparently we’re not the only ones who are kind of over the Transformers movies. Director Michael Bay is apparently done, and so is star Mark Wahlberg. Wahlberg has starred in the last two Transformers movies but that is apparently all for him. While on the Graham Norton Show (via Digital Spy) Mark Walberg says Transformers: The Last Night is the end of his involvement with the series, and he didn’t exactly hold back on the subject.
“I get my life back!”
Wahlberg went on to say that he spent five months getting himself in shape for the fifth movie only to get saddled with a haircut that he absolutely hated.
“The long hair is the worst thing ever,” he joked. “I look like my mum in the ’70s – it’s just really bad!”
While Bay and Wahlberg might be running for the hills but that doesn’t mean we’re done with the Transformers movie. Transformers 6 and Bumblebee have both already been greenlit. The idea of the Transformers has never been the problem with these movies but the execution. While they keep making money, it would be nice to see a series come along that actually feels true to the source material.
Maybe these new movies will focus less on the human characters and more on the robots, but with Hailee Steinfeld starring in the Bumblebee movie and the marketing for Transformers: The Last Knight heavily focusing on Isabela Moner, perhaps they are moving toward a few more female leads. Maybe these movies will treat their female leads like people instead of objects.
Summary: Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth.
Michael Bay’s Transformers: The Last Knight stars Laura Haddock, Mark Wahlberg, Gemma Chan, John Goodman, Isabela Moner, and Anthony Hopkins. Catch it in theaters June 21st. Maybe get a Transformers Slush on your way there. Lauren liked it — sort of.
- 'Transformers 6' Set For Summer 2019, Bumblebee To Start Filming In August
- Transformers The Last Knight Review: A Popcorn Movie If Ever There Was One
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Was 98% Shot With IMAX Cameras
- Future Transformers Sequel To Be Worst Thing To Ever Happen In Ancient Rome
- New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Character Posters Drop Now With More Lens Flare
- Transformers: The Last Knight To Make Death Of Your Childhood Quick And Painless, Says Michael Bay
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix Cancels Marvel’s Luke Cage After 2 Seasons - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018