Former Secretary of State and almost-President Hillary Clinton recorded a special video message to celebrate Elizabeth Banks winning the Crystal Award for Excellence in Film. During the brief message, Clinton brought up Wonder Woman, and compared the story of the movie to her battle to stop Donald Trump from becoming president.
— Chris Gardner (@chrissgardner) June 14, 2017
“Now, I haven’t seen Wonder Woman yet, but I’m going to, in part because it’s directed by the fabulous Patty Jenkins,” Clinton said. “But something tells me that a movie about a strong powerful woman fighting to save the world from a massive international disaster is right up my alley.”
The crowd laughed and cheered in agreement, and Jenkins took to Twitter to thank Clinton for the shout-out:
— Patty Jenkins (@PattyJenks) June 14, 2017
Wonder Woman continues to be a smash hit, crossing the $500 million mark internationally this weekend after winning the popular vote at the American box office when it opened on June 2nd.
- Film Industry Woes Solved After Man Arrested For Illegally Sharing Deadpool On Facebook
- Trump Political Ally Jesse Ventura Has Vladimir Putin's Personal Assurance For New TV Show
- Nick Spencer, Like Shakespeare, Knows What It's Like To Have Readers Turn On Him
- Kellyanne Conway On Batman's Proposal To Catwoman: "At Last. Hope For All."
- Captain America Begs Trump To Tweet During Comey Hearings
- Linda McMahon Defends Donald Trump, Chooses Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Over Vin Diesel In Epic Bout With Katie Couric
- Wonder Woman Shatters DC's Glass Ceiling, While Marvel's Is Made Of Vibranium (Fox Holds The Adamantium Rights)
- Paramount Teases Coming to America 2 at CinemaCon 2018 - April 25, 2018
- New Inuk-Canadian Superhero Snowguard to Join Marvel’s Champions - April 25, 2018
- Saint Germaine, Raven Chronicles, Legends of Aukera, and Caliber Presents: Caliber Comics’ July Solicitations - April 25, 2018
- Here are Your 2018 Glyph Comics Award Nominees - April 25, 2018
- Cartoonist Musa Kart, Cumhuriyet Journalists Sentenced to Prison for Criticizing Turkish President - April 25, 2018