Okay, Cullen Bunn doesn’t actually write every comic book on the stands. But sometimes he makes it look like he is. And he has a new project coming from AfterShock in September, a retelling of the story of Noah and the Ark, but, you know, all grim’n’gritty with sorcery and stuff.
Look, you stay on a boat with multiple iterations of every animal on the planet, you’re not going to emerge smelling of roses now, are you?
Dark Ark, coming from Cullen Bunn and Juan Doe from AfterShock, and part of the current seismic dump of September solicitations on the comic book industry this week or so.
DARK ARK #1 / $3.99 / 32 pages / Color / on sale 9.20.17
writer: Cullen Bunn
artist: Juan Doe
letterer: Ryane Hill
cover “A”: Juan Doe
cover “B”: Phil Hester
The wickedness of mankind has moved the Creator to destroy the world by way of the flood. Noah has been tasked with building an ark to save his family and the animals of the world. But this is not Noah’s story. For darker powers have commanded the sorcerer Shrae to build his own ark and save the unnatural creatures of the world—such as the vampires, the dragons, the naga, and the manticore. But what will happen on a vessel crawling with monsters, where insidious intrigue and horrific violence are the rule of law?
From writer Cullen Bunn (X-Men Blue, Deadpool, Venom) and artist Juan Doe (AMERICAN MONSTER, WORLD READER) comes a sinister tale of biblical proportions that HAD to be told at AfterShock Comics.
- 10 Rules For Hiring Indie Comics Artists - June 24, 2017
- Velveteen Rabbit Made Real With David Mack And A Full Orchestra - June 24, 2017
- Spreading The Anthology Love Through Kickstarter - June 24, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: World Enough And Time – They Call Her Doctor Who! - June 24, 2017
- Gosh Comics Celebrates Pride London With Dazzling Window Display - June 24, 2017