Okay, Cullen Bunn doesn’t actually write every comic book on the stands. But sometimes he makes it look like he is. And he has a new project coming from AfterShock in September, a retelling of the story of Noah and the Ark, but, you know, all grim’n’gritty with sorcery and stuff.
Look, you stay on a boat with multiple iterations of every animal on the planet, you’re not going to emerge smelling of roses now, are you?
Dark Ark, coming from Cullen Bunn and Juan Doe from AfterShock, and part of the current seismic dump of September solicitations on the comic book industry this week or so.
DARK ARK #1 / $3.99 / 32 pages / Color / on sale 9.20.17
writer: Cullen Bunn
artist: Juan Doe
letterer: Ryane Hill
cover “A”: Juan Doe
cover “B”: Phil Hester
The wickedness of mankind has moved the Creator to destroy the world by way of the flood. Noah has been tasked with building an ark to save his family and the animals of the world. But this is not Noah’s story. For darker powers have commanded the sorcerer Shrae to build his own ark and save the unnatural creatures of the world—such as the vampires, the dragons, the naga, and the manticore. But what will happen on a vessel crawling with monsters, where insidious intrigue and horrific violence are the rule of law?
From writer Cullen Bunn (X-Men Blue, Deadpool, Venom) and artist Juan Doe (AMERICAN MONSTER, WORLD READER) comes a sinister tale of biblical proportions that HAD to be told at AfterShock Comics.
- Dark Ark #1 Review: Vampires, Dragons, And Harpies, Oh My!
- Breaking Industry Tradition, AfterShock's New Comic Fu Jitsu Won't Be Thinly Veiled Movie Pitch, Says Writer Jai Nitz
- Unholy Grail #1 Review- A Grim And Lovecraftian Twist On The Arthurian Legend
- Rick Veitch’s Maximortal Sequel In Stock At Amazon Right Now - October 19, 2017
- Udon Puts Gisèle Lagacé And David Lumsdon’s Ménage À 3 Into Print In February 2018 - October 19, 2017
- 25 DC Variant Covers By Grampa, Sienkiewicz, Hitch, Lee And More For November Including Metal #4 - October 19, 2017
- Mighty Thor #700, One Of 7 Marvel Legacy Comics Going To Second Print - October 19, 2017
- Will You Have A New Year’s Eve Party, Or Wait For An Avengers #675 Party? - October 19, 2017