Wizard World’s annual tour has again returned to Sacramento, where thousands of fans will be descending on the Sacramento Convention Center through Sunday evening. We headed out there today to take in some of the sights, a few panels, and to generally see how it all felt as the event is now entering it’s fourth year.
The event still has all of it’s constituent parts, from the exhibitor hall to the media guests (this year being headlined by Underworld’s Kate Beckinsale, Top Gun’s Val Kilmer, and Guardians of the Galaxy’s Michael Rooker. It’s got the cosplayers to the panel and special event programming (this year with two stages on the exhibitor floor as well). But for whatever reason, the event just feels lighter attended this time around. That’s not to say that there’s not still a crowd, because there definitely is one, however you can get through the aisles without playing bumper cars along the way. The signing lines are relatively quick to get through, and grabbing some food from the food trucks parked outside wasn’t time-consuming either. In many ways it makes it a better experience as an attendee since it’s less elbow to elbow, however we’re hoping that Wizard World is doing well enough at the show to keep bringing it back on an annual basis.
However there’s still another day to go, and what better Father’s Day present to give dad than to take him down to the convention center. It’s over 105 degrees in Sacramento today, so being poolside is just going to get you roasted anyway. The show floor is comfortably air conditioned, which given that it’s supposed to be even hotter tomorrow makes it even more appealing.
Here’s a collection of some of the cosplayers and artists that we saw around the show on Saturday!
- The Doctor Who Season 10 Finale Trailer! Cybermen, The Maser, And Regeneration Glow - June 24, 2017
- Transformers The Last Knight Review: A Popcorn Movie If Ever There Was One - June 20, 2017
- New Monsters & Cast Revealed For Godzilla: King Of The Monsters - June 19, 2017
- Look! It Moves! – The Bad Batch Is Tasty But Undercooked Meat - June 19, 2017
- Watch Neill Blomkamp Alien Invasion Short Film ‘Rakka’, Starring Sigourney Weaver - June 19, 2017