There is plenty all of us could say about Michael Bay and his Transformers movies and not much of it is very good. However, we can say that one of the best forms of irony is the fact that Bay has started to reply on 3D and IMAX cameras more and more as the series has progressed. The irony is the bulky cameras that come from doing IMAX and 3D properly have forced Bay to reign in some of his worse habits when it comes to action scenes.
There is a reason you can’t remember anything from the action scenes in any of the Transformers movies. Bay has a tendency to shake his camera like there is constantly an earthquake and it gives the audience no sense of space or location. Without that sense of space and location we can’t remember where all of the characters are in retrospect to others and the entire scene has become incomprehensible. If the audience doesn’t have that sense of space and knowledge of where the characters are it turns everything into a giant blob of explosions and moments where you’re wondering when that person got to that person because you were pretty sure they were half a city apart two seconds ago.
In a new featurette for Transformers: The Last Knight Bay reveals that he has shot 98% of this movie with IMAX and 3D cameras which is impressive. The Transformers movies have always pushed the technological bounds if nothing else. If those big cameras keep Bay from shaking his camera like a five year hopped up on Ritalin maybe we’ll be able to remember what happens in this installment.
Summary: Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth.
Michael Bay’s Transformers: The Last Knight stars Laura Haddock, Mark Wahlberg, Gemma Chan, John Goodman, Isabela Moner, and Anthony Hopkins. Catch it in theaters June 21st.
- Transformers The Last Knight Review: A Popcorn Movie If Ever There Was One
- Mark Wahlberg Reveals That 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Is His Last In The Franchise
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Rian Johnson Trusted His Inner Fan - August 17, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Rian Johnson: “It Was The Most Fun I’ve Ever Had Writing” - August 16, 2017
- Cosmic Marvel Universe Will Be Different From Guardians Of The Galaxy - August 16, 2017
- New Thor: Ragnarok International Trailer Features Doctor Strange - August 16, 2017
- Christoper McQuarrie Says Tom Cruise’s Injury Won’t Affect M:I6 Release Date - August 16, 2017