Much of the talk about The Last Night coming out of E3 has been mired in controversy. I’m not going to go down that rabbit hole any further than what we’ve already done because everything I would say about how stupid and disgusting the sexism behind it is… has already been said. But also, at a certain point in time, writers and journalists eventually need to talk about the game itself, which is what this post is going to do.
First off, all the pixilated art that you see in the game is animated to run all at once. What you in the teaser trailer and the footage are not just carefully compiled clips that the designers threw together to make a spectacular image, they are individually animated pieces that can be moved around and interchanged, but were shot from a specific angle to show off the depth and design they were capable of in an animated moment.
The Last Night may not have had any kind of playable demo on-site at E3, but from what little we were able to see behind the design and the artwork, it’s going to e a visually stunning game as far as pixel art goes. We’ll see how things pan out for the game when we eventually get that official 2018 release date.
- 'The Guild 3' Debuts At E3, 11 Years After Last Sequel
- Watch A Swarm of Rats Rampage In The E3 Trailer For A Plague Tale: Innocence
- The Controversy Of 'The Last Night' Just Gets Worse The Longer We Look At It
- The Last Night For Xbox One Announced At E3
- Where Do I Put All This Steam? We Review WD’s My Passport Ultra - April 20, 2018
- The Legend Of Bum-Bo is Getting a Proper Release in 2018 - April 20, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Next Map is Getting a Cave Network - April 20, 2018
- More Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumors Say Game Will Be Like Overwatch - April 20, 2018
- Xbox Insiders Getting a Preview of the May Update Now - April 20, 2018