The trailer for Black Panther kind of took everyone by surprise in a bunch of different ways. A lot of people thought we wouldn’t see anything for this movie until D23 or Comic-Con International next month. Marvel decided to drop that first teaser trailer on us and it kind of blew up the internet. There were people looking at the fantastic costumes, the little details from various forms of African culture that have made their way into the movie (lip plates! in a superhero movie!) and racked up over 23 million views in six days on youtube alone. The version of the Black Panther suit we see in the trailer and in Captain America: Civil War was not the first version of the suit and now we have concept art for some of those early designs.
Andy Park has released two pieces of concept art for the Black Panther suit and they are incredibly badass. They are different from the final version of the suit that we got but this alternate look is just as awesome as the one we got on screen. This one looks more like armor while the final version looks more like a suit. Park has done a lot of concept art for Marvel and it’s always beautiful. They usually put his art on poster at Comic-Con International and they are always stunning. Park’s Instagram is worth a follow if only because he tends to post this art fairly regularly.
T’Challa, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king.
Black Panther, directed Ryan Coogler, stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, and Martin Freeman. It will be released on February 16, 2018.
- CinemaCon Sony Presentation Live Blog - April 23, 2018
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018