The trailer for Black Panther kind of took everyone by surprise in a bunch of different ways. A lot of people thought we wouldn’t see anything for this movie until D23 or Comic-Con International next month. Marvel decided to drop that first teaser trailer on us and it kind of blew up the internet. There were people looking at the fantastic costumes, the little details from various forms of African culture that have made their way into the movie (lip plates! in a superhero movie!) and racked up over 23 million views in six days on youtube alone. The version of the Black Panther suit we see in the trailer and in Captain America: Civil War was not the first version of the suit and now we have concept art for some of those early designs.
Andy Park has released two pieces of concept art for the Black Panther suit and they are incredibly badass. They are different from the final version of the suit that we got but this alternate look is just as awesome as the one we got on screen. This one looks more like armor while the final version looks more like a suit. Park has done a lot of concept art for Marvel and it’s always beautiful. They usually put his art on poster at Comic-Con International and they are always stunning. Park’s Instagram is worth a follow if only because he tends to post this art fairly regularly.
T’Challa, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king.
Black Panther, directed Ryan Coogler, stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, and Martin Freeman. It will be released on February 16, 2018.
- [Sundance 2018] The Guilty Review: A Game of Telephone That Doesn’t Quite Connect - January 19, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] Our New President Review: A Terrifying Montage of Russian Propaganda - January 19, 2018
- It’s Jaeger vs. Jaeger in New Pacific Rim Uprising Images - January 18, 2018
- The Writer of The Jungle Book 2 Gives an Update on the Movie - January 18, 2018
- New Tomb Raider Trailer Drops Tomorrow — Here’s a Teaser - January 17, 2018