Ben Kingsley has been cast to play Adolf Eichmann in the upcoming movie Operation Finale according to Deadline.
Eichmann was a Nazi war criminal who organized the transportation of Jews from countries all over Europe to concentration camps and often their deaths. After the war he fled from Austria to Argentina where he lived in hiding until the 1960’s. The Israeli intelligence agency Mossad uncovered their whereabouts and staged a raid to capture him. He was brought to Israel to stand trial for crimes against humanity and the Jewish people. He was executed in 1962 and was unrepentant until the end.
The movie, which is being compared to Argo in tone, will be directed by Chris Weitz and will will also star Oscar Isaac as Peter Malkin, the leader of the group of Israeli spies tasked with hunting Eichmann down. Malkin held a deep hatred for the Nazis after they murdered his sister and her children and was obsessed with bringing Eichmann down. The script was bought by MGM in late 2015 and was wrritten by Matthrew Orton. The production is set to start shooting in Argentina in the fall with Brian Kavanaugh-Jones and Fred Berger producing. Matt Charman, who wrote Bridge of Spies, will executive produce.
- CinemaCon Sony Presentation Live Blog - April 23, 2018
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018