Ben Kingsley has been cast to play Adolf Eichmann in the upcoming movie Operation Finale according to Deadline.
Eichmann was a Nazi war criminal who organized the transportation of Jews from countries all over Europe to concentration camps and often their deaths. After the war he fled from Austria to Argentina where he lived in hiding until the 1960’s. The Israeli intelligence agency Mossad uncovered their whereabouts and staged a raid to capture him. He was brought to Israel to stand trial for crimes against humanity and the Jewish people. He was executed in 1962 and was unrepentant until the end.
The movie, which is being compared to Argo in tone, will be directed by Chris Weitz and will will also star Oscar Isaac as Peter Malkin, the leader of the group of Israeli spies tasked with hunting Eichmann down. Malkin held a deep hatred for the Nazis after they murdered his sister and her children and was obsessed with bringing Eichmann down. The script was bought by MGM in late 2015 and was wrritten by Matthrew Orton. The production is set to start shooting in Argentina in the fall with Brian Kavanaugh-Jones and Fred Berger producing. Matt Charman, who wrote Bridge of Spies, will executive produce.
- [Sundance 2018] The Guilty Review: A Game of Telephone That Doesn’t Quite Connect - January 19, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] Our New President Review: A Terrifying Montage of Russian Propaganda - January 19, 2018
- It’s Jaeger vs. Jaeger in New Pacific Rim Uprising Images - January 18, 2018
- The Writer of The Jungle Book 2 Gives an Update on the Movie - January 18, 2018
- New Tomb Raider Trailer Drops Tomorrow — Here’s a Teaser - January 17, 2018