Netflix has released the trailed for Nobody Speak: Trials of the Free Press, a documentary about the Hulk Hogan sex tape and how it turned into a battle that destroyed the website Gawker. The sex tape cost Hogan his job with WWE after leaked audio recording from the tape revealed a racist rant from the pro wrestling hall-of-famer. Hogan, who was having sex with the wife of Florida radio shock jock Bubba The Love Sponge as part of an arranged cuckolding, didn’t realize he was being recorded when he said of his daughter, Brooke Hogan:
I don’t know if Brooke was f***ing the black guy’s son. I mean, I don’t have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, f***ing ******s. But then when it comes to nice people and shit, and whatever. I mean, I’d rather if she was going to f**k some ******, I’d rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall ****** worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player! I guess we’re all a little racist. F***ing ******.
Hogan was released from WWE and goes mostly unmentioned on the company’s television programming, despite being the biggest wrestling star of the 1980s and one of the biggest of all time, and he has not returned.
Believe it or not, consequences were even greater for Gawker. The lawsuit, funded by Paypal billionaire Peter Thiel, whose sexual orientation was exposed by Gawker a decade earlier, ended up putting the website out of business. The documentary also ties in with Donald Trump and his threats to restrict the press, and how freedom of speech could end up being what suffers the most. All of that being said, perhaps the Hogan sex tape trial’s greatest contribution to human culture is the fact that Hogan has formal black bandannas that he’s allowed to wear while testifying in court.
Check out the description and watch the trailer below. Nobody Speak will stream starting June 23.
Journalists are trained to look for stories behind the stories. The reporters investigating the Hulk Hogan sex tape and the sale of the Las Vegas Journal-Review, however, found something unprecedented: billionaires covertly using their fortunes to silence the media. Nobody Speak explores what Peter Thiel’s financial support of the lawsuit against Gawker and Sheldon Adelson’s shadowy purchase of Nevada’s largest newspaper mean for future of journalism, the First Amendment, and the power of the ultra wealthy.
- Jim Ross on Hulk Hogan's WWE Return: "The Guy Paid His Price"
- WWE & Puma Launch $500 Limited Edition Money In The Bank Shoes
- Trump Political Ally Jesse Ventura Has Vladimir Putin's Personal Assurance For New TV Show
- Roman Reigns Turns Heel On Twitter, Buries Trash Talking Smarks
- From Glass House, Hulk Hogan Throws Subtweet Stone At Bill Maher Over N-Word Usage
- Report: Eccentric Former WWE Superstar Hulk Hogan Maintains Gigantic Collection Of Used Bandannas
- Donny Cates Confirms the End of Thanos for April’s Thanos #18… For Now - March 22, 2018
- Jim Cornette Announces Wrestling Comic at IDW, Claims It Will Make You Rich - March 22, 2018
- WWE Admits Talking to Hulk Hogan About Return - March 22, 2018
- Nix Comics Offers Subscription for All Your 2018 Rock N’ Roll, Horror, and Western Comic Needs - March 22, 2018
- Terry Funk Wants to Fight Donald Trump and Joe Biden in a Wrestling Match - March 22, 2018