Arranged yesterday by the PR gods and Nerdist, Valiant has just announced Ninjak #0, “a star-studded jumping-on point” issue that will conclude writer Matt Kindt‘s “record-setting run” — the longest ever on the character – with a lead story by artist Francis Portela and a rotating cast of special surprise guests. Perhaps more importantly, the 40-page issue will also double as an introduction to November’s Ninja-K #1 with a special prelude story by incoming creative team of writer Christos Gage and artist Tomas Giorello.
Here’s Valiant’s pitch for their super-spy double feature:
FIRST: New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt (X-O MANOWAR, Mind MGMT) brings his masterful, record-setting run to a close as he puts Ninjak’s past and present in the crosshairs with a shocking and revelatory tale – as illustrated by fan-favorite artist Francis Portela (FAITH) and an all-star cast of comics luminaries, each detailing a different moment in Colin King’s bloodstained path from boyhood to international infamy…
Behind the years of training… Underneath the high-tech gadgetry… MI-6’s most experienced operative is still flesh and blood. So just how is a mortal man like Colin King able to survive in a world filled with telekinetic psiots, eternal warriors, and sentient suits of alien armor? The key to Ninjak’s survival is buried deep in the past…and today the world’s most dreaded super-spy prepares to reveal his most closely guarded secrets!
THEN: Before Ninjak launches into a riveting new ongoing series this November in the pages of NINJA-K #1, the torch is passed to acclaimed writer Christos Gage (Netflix’s Daredevil) and blockbuster artist Tomas Giorello (X-O MANOWAR) as they prepare a startling introduction to Colin King’s next mission with a shocking prelude to the winter’s most anticipated new series!
Expect Valiant’s array of guest artists accompanying Portela & Giorello for the issue to be announced in comic weeks.
Also, as has become something of a tradition with Valiant’s most recent zero issues, the legendary Peter Bagge has will contributed a variant cover for the issue:
Ninjak #0 – featuring covers by David Mack, Clayton Henry, Yama Orce, Peter Bagge and Javier Pulido – will arrive in stores on September 13th from Valiant Entertainment.
- Latest Dev Update For 'Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night' Shows New Footage
- Decoded: Hidden Clues To Valiant's Harbinger Wars 2 In Secret Weapons #1
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for August 2018 - May 21, 2018
- Frank Miller and John Romita’s Superman: Year One for DC’s Black Label is Late Already - May 21, 2018
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Batwoman Confirmed as Cancelled in August - May 21, 2018
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau’s First 2 Covers for Fantastic Four #1 - May 21, 2018
- Hellana, Lookers, and Jungle Fantasy for Boundless August 2018 Solicits - May 21, 2018