Dustin Bates, lead singer and founder of the multi-media, modern rock band Starset, is writing an original graphic novella for Marvel Comics with Peter David and Mirko Colak, The Prox Transmissions.
Inspired by the likes of Nikola Tesla and Carl Sagan, Starset’s albums, along with videos, websites, novels and one-of-a-kind live performances, were created as part of the over-arching concept, The Starset Society. Where science and fiction collide, The Starset Society is dedicated to publicizing emerging, near-future technologies and investigating their inevitable social, economic, political, and philosophical impact on society. Through this enlightening exploration, The Starset Society has teamed up with Marvel Comics to produce a one-of-a-kind adventure like nothing seen before.
A secret transmission from the far reaches of the galaxy falls into the hands of SETI radio astronomer Dr. Stephen Browning. His world begins to unravel as he discovers the cryptic message including information of advanced technology and a dire warning from the future. After Browning seeks aid of brilliant-yet-impetuous playboy Dr. Aston Wise, the two set off on an epic journey to discover the meaning of the transmission, only to discover that they are pawns in a much bigger game. Humanity hangs in the balance as powerful forces vie for control of the future, with only Wise and Browning to stop them.
Out in September.
THE PROX TRANSMISSIONS
WRITTEN BY DUSTIN BATES & PETER DAVID
ARTWORK BY MIRKO COLAK & MORE
COVER BY SKAN
- Family of Star Wars/Deadpool Artist Nicole ‘Nik’ Virella Raising Money for Operation - March 19, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Shop Launches Its Own Comics with Darick Robertson, Michael McMillian, and Lindsey Stirling - March 19, 2018
- Christopher Sebela and Joshua Hixson Launch Shanghai Red from Image in June - March 19, 2018
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Finale Previewed at Wondercon on Friday - March 19, 2018
- Skybound Launches Joseph Keatinge and Bret Blevins’ Stellar in June from Image Comics - March 19, 2018