Marvel continues to move their Quickdraw segments away from their short lived advertising run and more towards promoting the artists involved. The pieces showcased are commissions rather than upcoming covers or interiors and they are showing pencillers, inkers and colorists. In today’s Quickdraw, the focus turns to Nik Virella, artist on the All New Wolverine, Deadpool and Hyperion. She explains that her initial plan was going into fashion illustrator like her mother. That changed to Paleontology and the Animation with her finally deciding on Comics. She did three years on a young adult series before being contacted by Marvel. She started on Deadpool and that who she’s doing a version of in the video. She explains why she feels naturally connected to Wade. The most insane commission she ever got was Deadpool, riding a rhinoceros while holding pancakes… that’s an image I’d like to see.
You can follow Virella’s on Twitter.
- Exclusive Look Inside Bryan Talbot’s Grandville: Force Majeure - October 16, 2017
- Kevin Nowlan Shares His Process Art For The Shadow/Batman #4 Cover - October 16, 2017
- Echo Kellum On Curtis Holt’s Journey To Being Mr. Terrific - October 16, 2017
- CW Seed Releases New Freedom Fighters: The Ray Promo Art - October 16, 2017
- Supergirl Season 3: Psi Is A More Powerful Telepath Than J’onn J’onzz - October 16, 2017