Marvel continues to move their Quickdraw segments away from their short lived advertising run and more towards promoting the artists involved. The pieces showcased are commissions rather than upcoming covers or interiors and they are showing pencillers, inkers and colorists. In today’s Quickdraw, the focus turns to Nik Virella, artist on the All New Wolverine, Deadpool and Hyperion. She explains that her initial plan was going into fashion illustrator like her mother. That changed to Paleontology and the Animation with her finally deciding on Comics. She did three years on a young adult series before being contacted by Marvel. She started on Deadpool and that who she’s doing a version of in the video. She explains why she feels naturally connected to Wade. The most insane commission she ever got was Deadpool, riding a rhinoceros while holding pancakes… that’s an image I’d like to see.
You can follow Virella’s on Twitter.
- Charlie Cox and Elodie Yung Talk Daredevil and Elektra - December 10, 2017
- Warner Bros. Confirms DC Film Lineup, Including Justice League Dark - December 10, 2017
- New Orleans Saints Bountygate Whistleblower Hired by NFL - December 10, 2017
- 26-Year-Old Texans Player Might Have to Retire Because of Concussions - December 10, 2017
- Freedom Fighters: the Ray – ‘Destroy the Cortex, Save the World.’ - December 10, 2017