Marvel continues to move their Quickdraw segments away from their short lived advertising run and more towards promoting the artists involved. The pieces showcased are commissions rather than upcoming covers or interiors and they are showing pencillers, inkers and colorists. In today’s Quickdraw, the focus turns to Nik Virella, artist on the All New Wolverine, Deadpool and Hyperion. She explains that her initial plan was going into fashion illustrator like her mother. That changed to Paleontology and the Animation with her finally deciding on Comics. She did three years on a young adult series before being contacted by Marvel. She started on Deadpool and that who she’s doing a version of in the video. She explains why she feels naturally connected to Wade. The most insane commission she ever got was Deadpool, riding a rhinoceros while holding pancakes… that’s an image I’d like to see.
You can follow Virella’s on Twitter.
- Syfy’s Nightflyers Changes Showrunners Before Pilot is Filmed - March 19, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Will Have John Constantine Full-Time - March 19, 2018
- Joseph Michael Linsner and Kristina Deak-Linsner Team for New Vampirella Series - March 19, 2018
- Caity Lotz Posts Black Canary Image, Is it Reminiscing or Teasing? - March 19, 2018
- John Layman and Joe Eisma Team for Charlie’s Angels Comic Book Series - March 19, 2018