Marvel continues to move their Quickdraw segments away from their short lived advertising run and more towards promoting the artists involved. The pieces showcased are commissions rather than upcoming covers or interiors and they are showing pencillers, inkers and colorists. In today’s Quickdraw, the focus turns to Nik Virella, artist on the All New Wolverine, Deadpool and Hyperion. She explains that her initial plan was going into fashion illustrator like her mother. That changed to Paleontology and the Animation with her finally deciding on Comics. She did three years on a young adult series before being contacted by Marvel. She started on Deadpool and that who she’s doing a version of in the video. She explains why she feels naturally connected to Wade. The most insane commission she ever got was Deadpool, riding a rhinoceros while holding pancakes… that’s an image I’d like to see.
You can follow Virella’s on Twitter.
- Chick-fil-A Is Closed On Sundays; Why Would You Open One In An NFL Stadium? - August 16, 2017
- Paramount Picks Up Blake Lively Spy Thriller ‘The Rhythm Section’ - August 16, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary – Rik Hoskin Talks Red Rising: Sons of Ares #4 - August 16, 2017
- The Planning For The Arrowverse Crossover Has Begun - August 16, 2017
- Curse Launches ‘D&D Beyond’ A Digital Resource For Dungeons & Dragons - August 16, 2017