A lot of the games we see from Cartoon Network properties come to us in mobile app form, and very rarely do we get a proper game console version of anything you see on television. So being able to see not one, but two titles on the way based on network-related IPs is kinda cool.
The first of the two was OK K.O.! Let’s Play Heroes. The show it’s based on has yet to debut on the network, but there’s already a game in development for it that utilises elements from the show’s characters and the world. It plays like an RPG in a way that you take on quests and level up your character by completing the quests. You also have a fighting technique that feels like a battle platformer, and a trading card system that features characters from the show that you can level up and collect. We won’t give any plot details out since the show hasn’t been released yet, but the game plays well, and I believe will complement the show nicely.
The second, based on the Steven Universe series, is Steven Universe: Save the Light. A successor to the previous app game, this one feels more like a traditional RPG mixed in with a story telling element from the show. It comes across as a Stick Of Truth kind of RPG game, but with more emphasis on choosing what you can do and how it will affect you later in the game. All while keeping true to the show and using as many of the characters as possible — even ones that don’t speak.
Cartoon Network had a decent showing for games this year, and it’ll be awesome to see them come to console soon.
- Elsword Just Got The First Of Three Massive Updates
- Estelle Performs 'Steven Universe' Song To Celebrate New Album
- Rebecca Sugar Apologises For Steven Universe Racism Controversy
- Ben 10's Man Of Action Teams With Alpha Group US For New Original Animated Series
- DC Superhero Girls Get A Redesign For New Cartoon Network Series
- An Adventure Time And Regular Show Crossover Is Happening...In The Comics
- The Complete List Of The 2017 Origins Awards Nominees
- Bleeding Cool's Top 10 Wrestlers Turned Actors (Spoiler: The Rock Is Number 1)
- Listening For Changes: We Review Razer’s Electra V2 - March 22, 2018
- KFC Partners with Twitch for a PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Event - March 22, 2018
- Twitch and Shout! Factory Partner for a ReBoot Marathon - March 22, 2018
- Sonic The Hedgehog Fan is Creating a “Sonic Maker” Project - March 22, 2018
- Sea Of Thieves Will be Taxing You When You Die - March 22, 2018