A totally awesome SDCC 2017 exclusive was revealed by Hasbro today, and GI Joe collectors should be drooling over this one. The GI Joe Cobra Missile Command Command Headquarters is returning, and it looks fantastic. It is a faithful reproduction of the set from 1982, which was a harder set to find. here is some more info straight from Hasbro:
G.I. Joe Cobra Missile Command Headquarters
(Ages 5 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $49.99/Available at Booth #3329 at Comic-Con International in San Diego)
Cobraaaa! One of the rarest of all G.I. Joe playsets is back! The G.I. Joe Cobra Missile Command Headquarters, this convention exclusive is a faithful reproduction of the original and iconic Cobra Missile Command Headquarters Set from 1982. It recreates the classic design of the original in exacting detail with a weathered finished, following the original die-lines with all new re-created graphics. Assemble the highly detailed, sturdy graphic board components to build a headquarters that includes missile base, missile support systems, cruise missile, control panel, movable elevator, work platform, and seats. The set also comes with reproductions of the three figures that came with the original set – Cobra Commander (with a logo that is an homage to the original, first version Cobra Commander logo), Cobra Officer, and Cobra Trooper. Set includes file cards for the figures, as well as a file card holder for the cards. The G.I. Joe Cobra Missile Command Headquarters will be for sale during San Diego Comic-Con 2017. Following the convention, a limited number will be available on HasbroToyShop.com.
I mean, just on the packaging alone this thing wins. Next to Star Wars vintage, GI Joe had the best action figure packaging of all-time (sorry, it’s true He-Man fans), and it is recreated here in stunning fashion. The 3 3/4 inch figures included look great as well, love the Cobra logo on Commander. But weirdly to me the coolest part of the set is the Data Card holder, that is a crazy cool addition. Hopefully if you can’t be at the show, you will have a shot at this on Hasbro Toy Shop (long shot that it can be), and I hope there is Joe news at SDCC coming. Toy aisles are always better with some Joe on the pegs.
- Funko SDCC 17 Wave 5: All The DC
- SDCC 2017 Funko Exclusives Wave 4: Cartoons Spotlight!
- Here Are The Marvel Funko SDCC 2017 Exclusives!
- Mattel Justice League Multiverse 6 Inch Figures Revealed
- Wonder Woman Through The Ages Pin Mates Coming To SDCC, With Invisible Jet!
- NECA Alien Figure Exclusive For SDCC 2017 Is Totally Awesome. Cowabunga!
- The Ultimate 12 Inch Daredevil Figure Is Coming To SDCC Courtesy Of Hasbro
- Conan Funko Pops Are Invading SDCC Yet Again - June 24, 2017
- Spider-Man Wooden Push Puppet Swinging into SDCC - June 24, 2017
- Today In Pop Culture For June 24: Mike Wieringo, James Bond, The Lion King, And More! - June 24, 2017
- The Emperor Gets The Coolest Statue Ever From Kotobukiya - June 23, 2017
- Mattel SDCC Exclusives: Heavy on DC, Hot Wheels. No WWE? - June 23, 2017