The other day we posted the teaser trailer for Happy Death Day, a new film from Blumhouse pictures and comic writer Scott Lobdell. Now we have the full trailer and we see that it’s a horror / thriller take on Ground Hog’s Day where a young woman name Tree Gelbman (Jessica Rothe) wakes up on her birthday and does the walk-of-shame home from the dorm room of Carter Davis (Israel Broussard) only to end the day with her being killed by someone in a creepy looking mask. Immediately upon her death, she wakes up again in the dorm room and the day happens again until she is once again killed. This keeps repeating, forcing her to go through horrific death after horrific death while she tries to figure out who her killer is.
Lobdell co-wrote the script with director Christopher Landon. The film also stars Ruby Modine, Rachel Matthews, Charles Aitken and Jason Bayle. Rothe was recently seen as Alexis in the film La La Land while Broussard did two episodes last year of Fear The Walking Dead as James McCalister. The film was originally titled Half To Death. You can see more about the film at their official website.
Happy Death Day opens October 13th.
- Read Bettie Page #1 Free from Dynamite’s 2017 Blockbuster Holiday Bundle - December 12, 2017
- Exclusive Extended Previews: Sheena #4, Skin & Earth #6, and Hack/Slash vs. Vampirella #3 - December 12, 2017
- Shazam! Adds ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Actor Ian Chen to Growing Cast - December 12, 2017
- Homeland Season 7: Carrie is Back in Washington D.C. - December 12, 2017
- CW Unveils Black Lightning Key Art Poster - December 12, 2017