In honor of Adam West’s passing on Saturday, Mayor Eric Garcetti will shine the Bat-Signal over Los Angeles in a special ceremony celebrating the iconic actor. West starred as the Caped Crusader on the 1966-68 production of Batman, a role he is still identified with for over 50 years.
The lighting will take place tonight (June 15th) at 7:30 PM PST at the Los Angeles City Hall on Spring Street. Garcetti will be joined by LAPD Chief Charlie Beck and some as yet to be revealed special guests. The signal will be shined on to City Hall.
DC Comics encouraged attending fans “to don their best Bat-suits and trusty utility belts in honor of West’s signature role as the true crimefighter.”
In his tweet announcing the event, Garcetti used a term coined by West as a hashtag. Where Batman is often called the Dark Knight, West felt his version was more of the Bright Knight.
— Mayor Eric Garcetti (@MayorOfLA) June 15, 2017
- Lauren Looks Back: Thank You, Adam West
- Flash Season 4: Iris West-Allen Suits Up in ‘Run, Iris, Run’ - February 22, 2018
- Comedy Central Keeps the Drinks Flowing by Renewing Drunk History - February 22, 2018
- Jessica Jones Season 2: Jessica Has More Rage… and More Heart - February 22, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: Kid Flash Isn’t the Only Speedster Showing Up - February 22, 2018
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Cincinnati Bengals - February 21, 2018