In honor of Adam West’s passing on Saturday, Mayor Eric Garcetti will shine the Bat-Signal over Los Angeles in a special ceremony celebrating the iconic actor. West starred as the Caped Crusader on the 1966-68 production of Batman, a role he is still identified with for over 50 years.
The lighting will take place tonight (June 15th) at 7:30 PM PST at the Los Angeles City Hall on Spring Street. Garcetti will be joined by LAPD Chief Charlie Beck and some as yet to be revealed special guests. The signal will be shined on to City Hall.
DC Comics encouraged attending fans “to don their best Bat-suits and trusty utility belts in honor of West’s signature role as the true crimefighter.”
In his tweet announcing the event, Garcetti used a term coined by West as a hashtag. Where Batman is often called the Dark Knight, West felt his version was more of the Bright Knight.
— Mayor Eric Garcetti (@MayorOfLA) June 15, 2017
- Lauren Looks Back: Thank You, Adam West
- Ed From Shaun Of The Dead Leads This Month’s Box Of Dread - June 26, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary: Anthony Del Col Talks ‘Nancy Drew & The Hardy Boys: The Big Lie #4’ - June 26, 2017
- Kevin Bacon Confirms A ‘Tremors’ TV Pilot In The Works For Syfy - June 26, 2017
- Watch Stan Lee And Lloyd Kaufman Sing ‘Who Can I Turn To?” - June 26, 2017
- Cast Of The CW’s ‘Black Lightning’ Talks Season One - June 26, 2017