In honor of Adam West’s passing on Saturday, Mayor Eric Garcetti will shine the Bat-Signal over Los Angeles in a special ceremony celebrating the iconic actor. West starred as the Caped Crusader on the 1966-68 production of Batman, a role he is still identified with for over 50 years.
The lighting will take place tonight (June 15th) at 7:30 PM PST at the Los Angeles City Hall on Spring Street. Garcetti will be joined by LAPD Chief Charlie Beck and some as yet to be revealed special guests. The signal will be shined on to City Hall.
DC Comics encouraged attending fans “to don their best Bat-suits and trusty utility belts in honor of West’s signature role as the true crimefighter.”
In his tweet announcing the event, Garcetti used a term coined by West as a hashtag. Where Batman is often called the Dark Knight, West felt his version was more of the Bright Knight.
— Mayor Eric Garcetti (@MayorOfLA) June 15, 2017
- Lauren Looks Back: Thank You, Adam West
- Read The Sovereigns #0 Free from Dynamite’s 2017 Blockbuster Holiday Bundle - December 13, 2017
- The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon Does Peanuts in the Style of Riverdale - December 13, 2017
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1: Looking at Mahershala Ali’s Cottonmouth - December 13, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary: Shawn Aldridge Talks Hack/Slash Vs. Vampirella #3 - December 13, 2017
- Arrow Season 6: When and Why Roy Harper / Arsenal Returns - December 13, 2017