In honor of Adam West’s passing on Saturday, Mayor Eric Garcetti will shine the Bat-Signal over Los Angeles in a special ceremony celebrating the iconic actor. West starred as the Caped Crusader on the 1966-68 production of Batman, a role he is still identified with for over 50 years.
The lighting will take place tonight (June 15th) at 7:30 PM PST at the Los Angeles City Hall on Spring Street. Garcetti will be joined by LAPD Chief Charlie Beck and some as yet to be revealed special guests. The signal will be shined on to City Hall.
DC Comics encouraged attending fans “to don their best Bat-suits and trusty utility belts in honor of West’s signature role as the true crimefighter.”
In his tweet announcing the event, Garcetti used a term coined by West as a hashtag. Where Batman is often called the Dark Knight, West felt his version was more of the Bright Knight.
— Mayor Eric Garcetti (@MayorOfLA) June 15, 2017
- Lauren Looks Back: Thank You, Adam West
- New Justice League Action Short Has Fun With Kryptonite - October 21, 2017
- The Arrowverse Is Back And So Is Lord Mesa’s Takes - October 21, 2017
- DCTV Recap: Solomon Grundy, Psi, Kilg%re And P.T. Barnum - October 21, 2017
- Raiders Running Back Marshawn Lynch Suspended For Grabbing Referee - October 21, 2017
- X-Files: Stolen Lives – Reviewing The Audio Drama - October 21, 2017