Mattel has revealed their 6 inch Multiverse line of figures from November’s Justice League film, and they are..action figures. I must admit, I have not been a very big fan of their work on the DCEU films so far, although the recent wave in support of Wonder Woman is pretty good. They have also launched a new online portal for fans. A press release!
In a first-time global consumer initiative, Warner Bros. Consumer Products, Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Entertainment are giving fans a chance to join forces with iconic DC Super Heroes Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash and Cyborg and stand alongside the Justice League via the #JoinTheLeague platform that kicks off worldwide this week. Located at www.jointheleague.com, #JoinTheLeague will recruit fans to an exclusive, free membership experience delivering content, product sneak-peeks, digital and retail exclusives, sweepstakes, fan-engaging experiences and user-generated content, and so much more, inspired by the highly anticipated, epic action adventure Justice League, coming to cinemas worldwide beginning November 17, 2017, from Warner Bros. Pictures. This global initiative, which first kicked off in the U.S. in April as part of the film’s “Unite the League” campaign, will now expand to include 13 languages – and will include a special “#JoinTheLeague Saturday” on August 12 – and run into 2018.
First impressions are that the Wonder Woman is the best figure. Aquaman looks pretty cool as well, although if you are not a fan of the design this one won’t change your mind. I hate The Flash costume completely, so I will leave it at that. The big question mark for the film for myself is Cyborg, the more I see the more I am coming around on his design. However, this figure looks like it will have some problems with the upper body and posing, I can also see the head being hard to turn. Why Batman would have ab crunch and Superman wouldn’t I can’t figure out, but they haven’t given us a good batman figure yet and this one does not look any better. However, the Batmobile looks pretty cool. Hopefully there is more to it than a giant hunk of plastic on wheels. No word on a collect and connect figure yet, but my money is on a parademon or Steppenwolf.
Overall these look like something I might have to pass on, especially without seeing them on shelves first. if they are anything like the other Multiverse waves, they will be hanging around pegs for awhile for me to decide. These should be released in August, look for more reveals around SDCC this year.
- DC Comics Republish Rebirth Launch Issues As $1 Justice League Essentials, With Movie Branding
- They Were Filming Justice League Reshoots In Kempton Park Today. But I Got There Too Late.
- 2nd Time Seeing Wonder Woman, Even Better Than The First
- Will Warner Bros Sue Universal Over Dark Universe Branding? And Do They Have A Case?
- 'Aquaman' Will Take Place After 'Justice League'
- Justice League Funko Pops Arriving 3 Months Before the Film In August
- Funko Star Wars Movie Moments and Gamestop Exclusive Spidey Coming Soon - March 24, 2018
- MLB 2018- The Indians Window May be Closing, But not in The AL Central - March 24, 2018
- John Wick Figure Coming in Winter from MAFEX - March 23, 2018
- Lids and WWE Partner Up for New Line of Superstar Hats, Available Now - March 23, 2018
- MLB 2018: Yankees and Red Sox Will Rule the AL East-Will Both Make The Playoffs? - March 22, 2018