In a move that nobody will find shocking in the slightest, video game developer Hideo Kojima has taken to Twitter to confirm that we will not be seeing anything from his new game Death Stranding at E3 this year.
— HIDEO_KOJIMA (@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN) June 7, 2017
For those of you who are sad at this development, I ask: why? We all knew this was coming. This is what happens to Kojima games. And since this is the first game coming out from his new studio Kojima Productions, of course he wants everything to be perfect.
He will, however, be in attendance at E3. He’s taking part in a panel with Kong: Skull Island director Jordan Vogt-Roberts, who is trying to bring Metal Gear Solid to the big screen. Their panel will take place at the new E3 Coliseum panel thing they are doing this year on Wednesday, June 14th.
He did, however, share a new teaser poster. The poster is, as always with Kojima, visually striking. I assume it is a reference to the pin that Guillermo del Toro is wearing in the game’s trailer from The Game Awards last year. As pointed out all over the place, the pin in question shows the US map with a spider-web emanating from where Washington D.C. would be with the word BRIDGES across the center and underneath says “United Cites of America.”
The game itself is coming…sometime. At least we know it’ll be out sometime before the world ends (probably). Waiting for Kojima has become just a part of life I have come to grips with. But I love his games so much that I don’t mind. Here are both trailers released so far to watch again, mostly because any excuse I can get to share the one with Norman Reedus is an opportunity I cannot pass up, ever.
- Mads Mikkelsen Reportedly Still Shooting Scenes For 'Death Stranding'
- Kojima Teases That 'Death Stranding' Is Undergoing Tests
- Sony President/CEO Shawn Layden Has Played 'Death Stranding'
- The Full E3 Coliseum Schedule Is Now Available
- Want To Watch Hideo Kojima, Ken Lavine, And Sam Lake's Keynotes From Tribeca? Twitch Has You Covered
- Yes, Hideo Kojima Is Now A LEGO Minifig
- Kojima Compares Himself To An Indie Developer
- Death Stranding "Is Not A Horror Game" - Will Feature Comedy
- Mads Mikkelsen Only Understood Some Of Death Stranding When Kojima Explained It
- Surprise Death Stranding Trailer Turns Up At The Game Awards With Guillermo Del Toro And Mads Mikkelsen In The Game
- Masters Of The Universe Gets A Giant Wave Of Funko Pops - October 19, 2017
- Netflix And Nielsen Are Still Not Friends, As Streaming Numbers Will Be Reported By New Service - October 18, 2017
- Stan Lee MCU Cameos Get Their Own Funko Pops - October 18, 2017
- Coco Continues To Look Gorgeous In New Clip - October 18, 2017
- LeBron James And Gabrielle Union Team Up For New Sitcom White Dave - October 18, 2017