Team Evolution was the first to leak the news about the next Pokémon GO event, taking to Twitter to post up this picture that probably made millions of trainers squeal with delight. Launching the same day as E3 no less, “Fire & Ice” will apparently run from June 13-20, giving players the chance to snag a new set of Pokémon from both of those elements.
Breaking News Trainers!! pic.twitter.com/6uCFnFIFYQ
— Team Eevolution (@TeamEevolution) June 4, 2017
The shorthand version is that all the current types of Pokémon that fall under fire and ice elements will become more frequent to find, much like the Worldwide Bloom event where grass types were made more frequent on your map. Not to mention all the hard as hell Pokémon will be easier to find, you’ll be seeing a major increase in XP during the event, and Lucky Eggs will be 50% of their usual cost.
While seeing the event be launched at the start of E3 doesn’t come off as a shock, seeing it so close to the one-year anniversary of the game in July is, as we would have suspected Niantic would have held off on doing anything major so close to the date. Other games like Overwatch have concluded that they don’t want to burn players out on special events, but it isn’t like Pokémon Go would play by anyone else’s rules, especially on a mobile game. Hopefully, we’ll be seeing more official details of the event from Niantic shortly.
- The New 'Pokémon GO' Gym & Raid Updates Are Now Live
- 'Pokémon Sun and Moon' Finally Gives Us Some Details On Marshadow
- Man Who Struck 'Pokémon GO' Player Receives Seven Years In Prison
- The New Anti-Cheat System In Pokemon Go Has Made Rare Pokemon Impossible To Find
- You're Getting More Legendary Pokémon in 'Pokémon GO' This Summer
- Life Imprisonment A Real Possibility For A 'Pokémon GO' Robbery Suspect
- Pokemon Go Is Finally On Instagram
- Mobile Game Pigeon Pop Gets Caught Stealing Artwork - February 25, 2018
- Gust Announces Smartphone Release Of Atelier Marie Plus: The Alchemist of Salburg - February 24, 2018
- Bandai Namco Releases “The Residence” DLC for Little Nightmares - February 24, 2018
- Spike Chunsoft Will Reveal Four New Localization Games At GDC 2018 - February 24, 2018
- Xbox Teases Rise of the Tomb Raider Headed to Xbox Game Pass - February 24, 2018