In the past two decades, we’ve been given six Spider-Men, three Batmen and two Supermen…and finally, one Don Quixote. Or actually, one man who killed Don Quixote.
Yes, after nearly twenty years of setbacks and hardships, Terry Gilliam’s The Man Who Killed Don Quixote wrapped production Sunday morning, with Gilliam taking to Facebook to make the announcement:
Few productions have ever faced the mountain of problems that Gilliam’s project has, with a laundry list of disasters so unbelievable that they became the subject of the documentary Lost in La Mancha which chronicled the bizarre series of events that tanked the production for quite some time.
The Man Who Killed Don Quixote stars Adam Driver and Jonathan Pryce and tells the story of a lost-in-the-world commercial director who receives a copy of his student film while on location in the Spanish countryside and finds himself caught-up in some unexpected adventures while trying to find the little village where the film was originally shot.
Though most film experts hold little hope that the film can make back its original $32 million+ budget (it was one of the most expensive European movies at the time, according to The Daily Beast), Gilliam and his cast have the satisfaction of knowing that twenty years of hard work will finally pay-off…an artistic victory if not a financial one.
Though should the movie prove a hit with audiences, you can be sure to pencil-in The Man Who Killed Don Quixote II: Quixote Harder for Summer 2037.
- Terry Gilliam Says He Didn't Have a Stroke, It Was a Perforated Artery
- Updates on Terry Gilliam, Cannes Decision, and More
- UPDATE- Terry Gilliam Suffers Stroke, Amazon Pulls Distribution For 'Quixote'
- 'TRON 3' Is On The Cart In Monty Python Screaming "I'm Not Dead Yet"
- Eric Idle And John Cleese Discuss Getting The First Monty Python Series; Working Together
- Monty Python And The Holy Grail POP! Vinyls To Release This November
- Monty Python Live (Mostly): One Down, Five to Go - The Perils Of High-Def
- The Grail Finds Jesse, God-Dog Rolls Out, and Humperdoo Dances in ‘Preacher’ Season 3 Preview [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 23, 2018
- Preacher Previews: Cassidy Talks Tulip with Jesse, Unrequited Love with Gran’ma [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 22, 2018
- Time’s Up for NBC’s ‘Timeless’ as Network Cancels Series for Second Time - June 22, 2018
- Joseph Gilgun Talks Cassidy, What Makes a Scene Work, and Social Media [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 22, 2018
- Paramount Television, Anonymous Content to Adapt Shari Lapena’s Novel ‘The Couple Next Door’ to Series - June 21, 2018