It’s Chip Zdarsky’s world. We’re just living in it. And now we get to draw it too.
The Lakes International Arts Festival in Kendal running from October 13th to 15th, has many live drawing events, and will kick off this year’s show with its Gala Opening “Quick on the Draw” event with Sergio Aragonés, Luke McGarry, Rick Stromoski and Tom Richmond, MC’ed by Steve McGarry.
But on the Sunday afternoon of the show, the artist of Sex Criminals and writer of Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man will be the subject of sketching. The sketchee rather than the sketcher.
Chip ha declined to draw live for the show but agreed with festival Julie Tait that he would happily be drawn himself. With four poses, and two artists for each pose.
Apparently he is packing some “fetching outfits”.
Where Chip goes, other artists follow in his wake, of course. Will any other artists and writers volunteer their bodies for such artistic attention?
Put it away Stan!
Chip will also be giving a more traditional talk – “Chip on Chip” – during the Festival weekend, talking to ComiXology’s Chip Mosher. And you can buy your tickets for the fifth Lakes International Comic Art Festival here
- Chip Zdarsky Has A Solution For DC Comics Regarding Dr Manhattan And Superman's Red Underwear
- The #ArtCred Panel, Late, Of Course, From C2E2 - With Declan Shalvey, Jordie Bellaire, Kieron Gillen, Chip Zdarsky, Jason LaTour And Erica Henderson
- Chip Zdarsky Teaches You How To Draw Spidey...Kinda
- Chip Zdarsky Talks About What I Think We Can Now Call Star-Lord's Cancellation
- Cole Sprouse Weighs in on Jughead Sexuality Controversy
- Spoilers for March 2018 ‘Playback’ Loot Crate, Order Deadline Today - March 19, 2018
- DC Comics Publishing Batman/Catwoman Wedding Album and More - March 19, 2018
- Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Brad Meltzer, David Baldacci — and Alex Segura? - March 19, 2018
- Preview of Marlon Bundo, John Oliver’s Response to VP Mike Spence - March 19, 2018
- DC Comics to Publish English Translation of Batman & the Justice League Manga - March 18, 2018