BBC International is not the broadcasting company we know and love, but a footwear firm.
Previously, they had run up against Marvel Comics over BBC’s attempts to trademark the black silhouetted image of a spider for their footwear products and, after much to-and-froing, abandoned their claim.
But as a result, they became a licensor to Marvel Comics, selling character-based shoes (as long as they’re not X-Men or Fantastic Four, obviously).
Could something similar happen with their next battle? Attempting to register the words “Flash Lights” and this image for new shoes…
… they have been challenged by DC Comics, who might see a similarity with one of their own trademarks, as modelled by a representative of Warner Bros.
Could this be the start of another beautiful trademark friendship?
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018
- Will You Find Doctor Aphra in Your Return of Wolverine #1 Second Printing? - October 18, 2018
- Landry Walker’s Writer’s Commentary for A Clash Of Kings #13 - October 18, 2018
- Dinesh Shamdasani Shaves Head to Match Bloodshot’s Vin Diesel - October 18, 2018