I’ve spent a good deal of time talking about Disneyland’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout ride. Everything I’ve seen of it looks amazing, but recently IGN suggested that some of the nods within the ride could mean possible future movies.
From the picture below (from IGN), it’s clear that this “Asgardian Hammer” is based on Beta Ray Bill’s hammer.
The description bellow the hammer reads:
“Originated in the dwarves forge on Nidavellir, this finely crafted object is made of the powerful stone, Uru.”
More important to me (at least) is the clear as day nod to Namor, The Sub-Mariner. These “mysterious artifacts” were found at the bottom of the Terran ocean.
Personally, I can’t say if this is Marvel/Disney’s way of hinting at future movies. Disneyland and Disney World always go above and beyond with ride details, so it could just be the Imagineers doing their job. While I’d love to see a Sub-Mariner movie, until I see something more concrete, I’m going to just read everything in the Guardians ride as Disney magic at work.
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Mission: Breakout! Ride Grading Higher Than Tower Of Terror At Disneyland
- Stan Lee Assembles Some Avengers And Others For Marvel Day At Sea Cruise
- Slinky Dog Dash Roller Coaster Track Added For Toy Story Land Expansion At Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Disneyland's Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout Ride Has Amazing Rocket Racoon Animatronics
- Disney To Release 'Kingdom Of Cute' And My Wallet Screams In Pain
- Move Over Donald Duck... Groot, Starlord, And Gamora To Meet and Greet With Disneyland Guests Starting May 27!
- Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout! To Have Epic Soundtrack
- The Tower Of Escape: Disneyland Adds More Marvel