Baby Driver has had me wondering about the whole “car chase” genre recently. For something so fundamental at its core, there have been a lot of completely fascinating films — forget mere films, franchises even — in this general area.
Mad Max and Fast X are the most recent, and one could reach back a few decades to series like Death Race and Smokey and the Bandit. Not to mention singular classics such as Ronin and Steve McQueen‘s 1968 film Bullitt.
But here we are on the cusp of having robot cars ruling our roads, and you wonder if maybe car chase films will go the way of Westerns a couple of generations down the line. An occasional historical curiosity.
Until then, people keep making better, sleeker, faster car chase movies, and judging from what we’ve seen so far, it looks like Edgar Wright’s entry into the genre will be another highlight. Though perhaps in 20 years or so, people will be looking at the above featurette for some insight into what this genre was all about.
In our more immediate future, Baby Driver stars Ansel Elgort, Kevin Spacey, Lily James, Jon Bernthal, and Eiza González — catch it in theaters June 28th.
- New Character Posters For 'Baby Driver'
- Kevin Can Wait's Leading Ladies Switch Out As Erinn Hayes Is Given A Pink Slip
- New Images From Edgar Wright's 'Baby Driver'
- The New Poster For 'Baby Driver' Is Gorgeous
- New Baby Driver Featurette Goes Into Our Heroes' Origins
- New TV Spot For Edgar Wright's Baby Driver
- What We Thought About Edgar Wright's First Draft Screenplay Of Baby Driver
- I've Just Read Edgar Wright's Screenplay For Baby Driver - And My Ears Are Ringing
- Emma Watts Will Lead 20th Century Fox Film in the Disney Era - October 18, 2018
- Happy! Season 2: Making Easter Great Again with Weird Al and More Morrison Magic - October 6, 2018
- Mile High Pedigree Planet Comics Run Coming To ComicConnect Event Auction Beginning November 12 - October 5, 2018
- Batman 1839, Part 1: Mad Men of Gotham - September 18, 2018
- Getting Ready for the Year of the Bat - September 16, 2018