“Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth,” said Professor Remus Lupin in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. “They infest the darkest, filthiest places, they glory in decay and despair, they drain peace, hope, and happiness out of the air around them. Even Muggles feel their presence, though they can’t see them. Get too near a Dementor and every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you. If it can, the Dementor will feed on you long enough to reduce you to something like itself — soul-less and evil. You’ll be left with nothing but the worst experiences of your life.”
In the Harry Potter series, Dementors guard the high security wizard prison of Azkaban, at least until they join forces with Lord Voldemort. But in this week’s All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #2 from Marvel, extra-dimensional prison guards at The Collector’s vault bear a striking resemblance to the characters who belong to the wizarding cinematic universe of Warner Bros, the parent company of rival comic book publisher DC:
We’ve all hoped for Harry Potter to come to comics at one point or another… did we finally get our wish? And if so, does it confirm that Hogwarts is part of the Marvel Multiverse? As is standard practice here in the column formerly known as Swipe File, let us know what you think by voting in the poll, and then continue on for some SPOILERS:
Separated At Birth: Harry Potter's Dementors and The Collector's "Extra-Dimensional Security"
So here’s what happens later in the issue:
Ok, that’s not quite what happens…
Not so scary now, are you? We weren’t worried at all.
Er… anybody got any chocolate?
All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #2, by Gerry Dugan and Aaron Kuder, is in stores now.
- Fantastic Beasts 2 Details Emerge As Filming Begins
- All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy #2 Review: Stealing Stuff In True GOTG Fashion
- All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy #1 Review: But Are They That New?
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018