This story is still building, so bear with us as we try to get you the most updated sources we can.
Today at the kickoff for 2017’s Phoenix Comicon, there was an incident involving an unidentified male and local law enforcement. Specifically, the man was carrying several weapons, including but not limited to at least three loaded firearms (because Arizona is an open-carry state).
Phoenix Police confirmed the news, saying:
“The suspect was found to be in possession of three handguns, a shotgun, a knife, ammunition, and a variety of other handheld weapons along with wearing body armor. He was immediately removed from the venue and taken to police headquarters for questioning.”
Local news source AZ Central released this video report stating further details, such as the man was apparently taking photos of local law enforcement officials and posting them to social media with threatening messages. You can view that video here.
After the man’s arrest, the convention has now issued a blanket no-weapons ban for the remainder of the event.
Phoenix Comicon organizers and Phoenix Police have outlawed all weapons, including costume and prop weapons, for the duration of the event.
Also, beginning Friday, expect delays on entrance into the event due to additional added security screenings and fewer entry points into the venue. Please stay safe out there at the various events you may be attending this weekend.
A photo has surfaced on Facebook of what sources are claiming is the man in question being arrested by officers.
- UltraSabers Ejected From Phoenix Comicon After Reluctance To Comply With New Weapons Sales Directive
- Power Ranger Jason David Frank Responds To Being Target Of Heavily Armed Suspect At Phoenix Comicon
- Wanna Hear John Williams’ Disney Star Wars Parks Music?!? - November 17, 2018
- ABC Renews ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ For a 7th Season - November 16, 2018
- The Criterion Channel: New Service Picking Up Where FilmStruck Left Off - November 16, 2018
- Adi Shankar Working on ‘Devil May Cry’ Series for Netflix - November 16, 2018
- Fire & Blood: An Excerpt From George R. R. Martin’s Targaryen History Tome - November 16, 2018