Logan actor Hugh Jackman is making the press rounds one last time to promote the film’s Blu-Ray release, and with that home video release in stores now, people are already asking who will be the next actor to play Wolverine. In an interview with physics-themed entertainment blog Collider, however, Jackman thinks that the answer might be right in front of us:
I think one thing we’ve learned: when X-Men started, it was pretty revolutionary. Like the comic book itself, I think there was an element of breaking conventions, of opening up in the concentration camp with a character, was not what people expected. I think X-Men has always been about asking questions, challenging norms and asking what’s going on. I’m not saying we’ve done that always, but I definitely think the spirit of Logan is in a way a reboot of that desire to keep taking risks and to ask more difficult questions, and to go deeper within the characters. In an irreverent way, it’s exactly what Deadpool did too. I think it’s endemic to the character. I think for me, it would make sense to go younger with Logan. I think it would be very difficult – however, there’s a female 11-year-old who could absolutely frickin’ nail it, for my money.
But even if X-23 does get her own solo franchise, Fox will probably eventually want a new Logan. And if they do, Jackman thinks they could go in an entirely different direction.
I was 30 when I got the part, so I think it would be wide open to interpretation. I think it could be anything. You could go any color, any race, anything. If you look at all the drawings and all the different interpretations from different artists over the years, I think it’s completely open. I think audiences will buy it.
Shall we start the fan-casting now? Who have you got?
- I Must Have This Wolverine Revoltech Figure As Soon As Possible
- Got Six And A Half Minutes To Kill? Here's The Deadpool Blooper Reel You've Been Looking For
- A Look At The Logan Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook And Blu-Ray Release
- X-Men Producer Says Dark Phoenix Story Involves First Class Generation Stars Like Fassbender, Lawrence, And McAvoy
- The Trailer For 'Logan Noir' Is Beautiful
- Wolverine and Loki Team Up in Wolverine: Infinity Watch in February - November 12, 2018
- Jordan White Cancels #XMenMonday Again, Promotes Music Career Instead - November 12, 2018
- Venom: Better Than Watchmen, More Successful Than Justice League? - November 12, 2018
- The Bella Twins Want to Fight the Kardashians in a Wrestling Match - November 12, 2018
- Fanboy Wrampage: Reby Hardy Fights Ashley Massaro Over Matt Hardy - November 12, 2018