HBO announced that they are renewing Veep and Silicon Valley but they are losing someone for the latter, according to Deadline.
Veep stars Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Selma Meyer and the show got its renewal before it’s season finale on June 25th. The shows seventh season is set to air in 2018 and also stars Tony Hale, Anna Chlumsky, Matt Walsh, Reid Scott, Timothy Simons, Kevin Dunn, Gary Cole and Sam Richardson. It has walked away with many awards including twelve Primetime Emmy Awards, two Critics’ Choice Television Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, two Television Critics Association Awards and two Writers Guild of America Awards and has been nominated for seven Golden Globe Awards. It was created by Armando Iannucci.
Silicon Valley got is getting its fifth season but the show is losing a key player. According to Deadline star T.J. Miller won’t be returning for the announced fifth season. HBO made a statement about Miller leaving.
“The producers of Silicon Valley and T.J. Miller have mutually agreed that T.J. will not return for season 5. In Erlich Bachman, T.J. has brought to life an unforgettable character, and while his presence on the show will be missed, we appreciate his contribution and look forward to future collaborations.”
Silicon Valley was created by Mike Judge, John Altschuler, and Dave Krinsky and includes an ensemble cast of Thomas Middleditch, Zach Woods, Kumail Nanjiani, Martin Starr, Josh Brener, Amanda Crew, Matt Ross, Jimmy O. Yang, and Suzanne Cryer. It’s won two Emmy’s with twelve wins across all award ceremonies and fifty-eight nominations.
- Runaways Season 2: First Image, Promo, and Synopsis - August 14, 2018
- Ryan Gosling Talks About Getting the Details Right in ‘First Man’ - August 14, 2018
- Crazy Rich Asians Review: One of the Best Romantic Comedies in Years - August 14, 2018
- Jimmy Wong and Doua Moua Join the Cast of Mulan as Ling and Po - August 14, 2018
- A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Fight on Titan in Avengers: Infinity War - August 14, 2018