Yesterday, we learned that Doug Liman is the latest director to depart a DC project, with scheduling conflicts reportedly behind the decision. Of course, judging by recent comments from Liman about his Justice League Dark concept and his ideas about superheroes in general — that they are just action heroes with pouches — the departure might be for the best. Liman isn’t the first director to leave Justice League Dark. Guillermo Del Toro was long expected to direct the film before Liman took over, with Del Toro also citing scheduling conflicts. But still, the question remains: who will be Liman’s replacement?
THR reporter Borys Kit, who often reports more news on Twitter on Twitter than he does in actual articles, has an idea:
Studio is already looking for new director on JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, with one source saying IT director Andy Muschietti is on the list.
— Borys Kit (@Borys_Kit) May 24, 2017
This story is in the rumor category for now, which is why we’ve reported it with a question mark in the headline so we can reap the hits without actually taking a risk on being wrong. So take it with a grain of salt, and check back to see if it pans out, and then check back even later when Andy Muschietti eventually leaves the film as well.
What? 100% of the directors so far have left the film. It’s a statistical probability!
- RUMOR: Damián Szifron Is Being Eyed For 'Justice League Dark'
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark'
- Doug Liman Says Justice League Dark Will Be About 'Real Superheroes,' Will Prominently Feature Pouches
- Marvel Cancels Star Wars: Poe Dameron in September - June 19, 2018
- Untold Tales of Spidey’s Early Black Suit Days in Saladin Ahmed and Garry Brown’s Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 - June 19, 2018
- Marvel Knights Celebrates 20 Years with 15 ‘True Believers’ $1 Comics in September - June 19, 2018
- ROH Says WWE Blocked Their Madison Square Garden Debut - June 19, 2018
- Marvel’s Mutant X Returns to Print with a Complete Collection… Sort of… in September - June 19, 2018