A couple weeks ago we talked about the upcoming “Operation Health” that Ubisoft Montreal was throwing down onto Rainbow Six Siege. Basically the entire “season” is being setup to improve the game and fix a long list of bugs, updates and other stuff you and the devs just don’t like about the game. Today we got a blog post from them with a “Priorities List” explaining what’s coming. The next 2.2.1 and 2.2.2. patches went into effect this morning starting at 6 a.m. PDT. First and foremost, ranks will be reset after all the maintenance is finished. Maps, hitboxes, spawn killing and a few other areas are getting some touchups, and Glaz will be receiving an update. Here’s a complete list from the devs:
We are focusing on the testing and implementation of One Step Matchmaking. We are currently testing this on the TTS.
Our level design team will be taking a pass on all maps to correct various bugs/glitches.
Our technical team will be reviewing the layers of code that are leading to game crashes. This will provide you with a more stable playing experience.
Currently being tested on the Technical Test Server, the hitbox refactor is continuing to undergo further testing prior to being deployed to the live build of the game.
We have seen the community’s frustrations regarding spawn killing, and our level design teams will be taking steps to mitigate the locations where this is still possible. To be clear, spawn killing is when a Defender is able to kill you within seconds of spawning. Running towards the objective and dying for not using cover is not considered spawn killing.
Join in progress
We do not intend for players to be placed into Ranked matches that are already in progress. We are also going to be working on the various bugs encountered by people when they join a match in progress in Casual.
Defuser issues (audio, planting, destroying)
Interaction with the Defuser is not always fluid and intuitive and sometimes does not work as intended. We will be doing a pass on the Defuser as a whole to address these issues. The various Defuser issues will be worked on throughout the entirety of Operation Health.
Glaz will be receiving some attention. Every one of these points will be fully detailed by the developers in the coming weeks. The plan is to have all included items in the game by patch 2.2.2.
- 'Rainbow Six Siege' Debut The "Blood Orchid" Operators
- "Operation Blood Orchid" On The Way For 'Rainbow Six Siege'
- There's A Lot To Unpack In The Latest 'Rainbow Six Siege' Update
- SMITE Pro League and SMITE Console Series Become Mixer Exclusives - February 22, 2018
- Ivy Valentine and Zasalamel Both Return to SoulCalibur VI - February 22, 2018
- Bardock and Broly Join Dragon Ball FighterZ as DLC Characters - February 21, 2018
- More Characters Highlighted In Japanese Trailer For Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition - February 21, 2018
- You’ll Soon Be Able To Play As John Wick in Fortnite - February 21, 2018