This past weekend in New York City’s Lower East Side was the first annual Five Points Festival, a festival that celebrates designer toys, comics, and beer. Seriously, everything I hold near and dear in my life.
The con was held at Pier 36, and while it was on the smaller side, it had a lot to offer. Crowds were manageable and very easy to navigate. There was an excellent selection of diverse comic and toy creators, though I would have liked to have seen a few more comics dealers.
Midtown Comics sponsored the event, and brought a good array of talent with them, such as Nick Spencer, Greg Capullo, and Scott Snyder. On the toy side, Clutter brought in Simone Legno, Jeff Lamm and others. The guest list in general was very impressive, with guest such as Amy Reeder, Christopher Hastings, Tana Ford, and more. And since crowds weren’t overbearing, you could actually talk to the guests without holding up a long line.
This con is on to something. Whether it was the focus on designer toys or the beer, it works. I have a feeling this con will grow to become a hit, and I can’t wait for next year’s show!
- Barzinga At The Five Points Festival: Beer! Toys! Comics!
- 40 Pics, 8 Videos And Five Points From The Five Points Festival, In New York This Weekend
- Here's A Sneak Peek At Art From Sean Murphy's Batman, Otherwise Kept Strictly Under Wraps By DC
- A Few Cosplay Photos From Comic Con Revolution
- 24 Shots Of Cosplay, Creators And Capaldi At Wizard World Minneapolis Comic Con